Women Making Girls' Comics.

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Women Making Girls' Comics.

Post by colcool007 »

comixminx wrote:Hot off the press - here is the link to download the audio of the proceedings. The link is valid only until 26 April - I will see what the possibilities are to upload the talk, or elements of it, onto the Jinty blog.

The file is a 220 megabyte file by the way.
I am listening to it now. :-) Thanks for this comixminx.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

colcool007 wrote:
comixminx wrote:Hot off the press - here is the link to download the audio of the proceedings. The link is valid only until 26 April - I will see what the possibilities are to upload the talk, or elements of it, onto the Jinty blog.

The file is a 220 megabyte file by the way.
I am listening to it now. :-) Thanks for this comixminx.
Enjoy! If you're not sure of anything where people speak quietly, or the like, then just ask and I can hopefully remember what was said.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Absolutely wonderful. I really wanted to be there but this is definitely the next best thing (and we even get to hear Phoenix at the end!) - thanks so much comixminx! :)

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

philcom55 wrote:Absolutely wonderful. I really wanted to be there but this is definitely the next best thing (and we even get to hear Phoenix at the end!) - thanks so much comixminx! :)
Glad you enjoyed it! It's the recording done by the House of Illos themselves, I'm just making sure people see it who want it. It was a great, fun event to do, and so much food for thought too. Obviously what needs to happen is a transcript of it allowing ppl to see the images associated, as much as possible.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Incidentally, if anybody is put off by the banging in the background the sound does improve when the speakers start using mics.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

philcom55 wrote:Incidentally, if anybody is put off by the banging in the background the sound does improve when the speakers start using mics.
I think the banging must have stopped, too, because at the end you can hear questions from the audience (without mics) quite clearly. So yes, just endure the banging for a bit, it will stop! :D

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

philcom55 wrote:Incidentally, if anybody is put off by the banging in the background the sound does improve when the speakers start using mics.
The sound system with quite large speakers had already been installed before the presenters came in and proceedings got underway. The technician was certainly more concerned beforehand with the overhead projector set-up so it is quite possible that in his anxiety to maximise the visual quality he overlooked the audio one. I remember thinking when I saw him come into the room that he wasn't giving himself a great deal of time in which to make any necessary adjustments. In fact when I first found the venue at about 2 o'clock, an hour before kick-off, I specifically asked the ladies on the door if microphones were going to be used. They said they were, which pleased me no end because my hearing was not having one of its better days. So I then went off happily for a pint.

dishes

Post by dishes »

Finally got around to listening to this- fascinating discussion, even without being able to see the slides.
Is it weird to have no interest in keeping or collecting free gifts?

My artwork: http://www.iancockburn.co.uk