Run, Kristina ... Run!: Princess Tina, issues 31 - 46 (1971)

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

comixminx

Run, Kristina ... Run!: Princess Tina, issues 31 - 46 (1971)

Post by comixminx »

Terence Magee has written in to the Jinty blog saying that he wrote Run, Kristina ... Run!, published in Princess Tina as per the issue numbers specified (many thanks to Catawikifor having so much info available and searchable!). He would love to be able to see some of the story again. Does anyone have one of the issues listed, and if so can they scan and upload a page or two?

He says the "plot [was] set in Holland in WWII, based on The Sound of Music (young girl fleeing with bunch of kids from Nazis). It was my first ever serial, kindly given to me by Editor Des Pride, and was clumsily written. I only ever saw a couple of Princess Tina issues including the story."
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Run, Kristina ... Run!: Princess Tina, issues 31 - 46 (1

Post by Phoenix »

comixminx wrote:Does anyone have one of the issues listed, and if so can they scan and upload a page or two?
I have just one instalment, comixminx. It is in the 30th October 1971 issue. It is not numbered, nor is the only other issue I have, which doesn't contain the requested serial. The comic is wider than my A4 scanner but I hope the scans of the complete instalment are acceptable to Terence anyway.
Attachments
RunKrRun.jpg
RunKrRun!2.jpg
RunKrRun3.jpg

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I love information on WWII stories in girls comics!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

"Nazi dumbheads"???? :P

In case anybody is sitting on the edge of their seat after that cliffhanger here's the final episode! :)

Last edited by philcom55 on 22 Apr 2016, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

.....to rescue the Van Rosen's what? :)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

An apostrophe where it doesn't belong... trouble is, it would still slip through the net nowadays as a pluralised surname like Van Rosens would probably false positive the spellchecker (and indeed did so as I typed this).

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Digifiend wrote:An apostrophe where it doesn't belong... trouble is, it would still slip through the net nowadays as a pluralised surname like Van Rosens would probably false positive the spellchecker (and indeed did so as I typed this).
I spotted incorrect apostrophe use in Misty's "Mask of Fear" too - "it's terrible secret" when it should be "its terrible secret".

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Do we have any idea of whom the artist is?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

colcool007 wrote:Do we have any idea of whom the artist is?
Catawiki says the artist was Vicente Torregrosa Manrique.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Funnily enough Phil Clarke and Mike Higgs had the original art for one episode at Edgbaston today.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

philcom55 wrote:Funnily enough Phil Clarke and Mike Higgs had the original art for one episode at Edgbaston today.
I'm sure Terence Magee would like to get his hands on that. Someone, perhaps comixminx, could maybe get a message to him.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Phoenix wrote:
philcom55 wrote:Funnily enough Phil Clarke and Mike Higgs had the original art for one episode at Edgbaston today.
I'm sure Terence Magee would like to get his hands on that. Someone, perhaps comixminx, could maybe get a message to him.
I could certainly send that info on. TM doesn't live in the UK though - do Phil Clarke and Mike Higgs have a website they also sell through?
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

This is their Ebay shop, though the pages in question aren't currently listed.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/psconbo2003blasebooks/

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

philcom55 wrote:This is their Ebay shop, though the pages in question aren't currently listed.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/psconbo2003blasebooks/
Interesting! I'd been referred to that ebay ID as being Peter Hansen's, is he in association with them do you know? Anyway I will make sure that Terry sees it, thanks.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Yes. Phil acts as Peter's agent in selling the artwork he bought a few years ago, operating as Blasé Books. I've visited the building just outside Birmingham in which the remaining artwork is stored a number of times, and even though IPC disposed of a lot of their extensive backlog years ago (including virtually everything from Misty) there is still a staggering amount left from girls' titles such as Princess and Princess Tina - including hundreds of episodes of The Happy Days! The only Tammy pages remaining seem to come from stories that were subsequently reprinted in comics like the revived Princess - but this just adds to the thrill of rummaging through the stacks since you never know quite what you're going to uncover!