LUCKY CHARM comics

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

LUCKY CHARM comics

Post by Phoenix »

For those who are interested there are currently ten different issues of Lucky Charm on eBay, all concluding tomorrow (Saturday 3 September). These are 1 Valda: 2 Sandra Of The Castle Ballet (two copies) : 4 Little Miss Feather Feet : 8 Valda : 9 Kathy Come Home : 10 Out To Ruin St. Roslyn's : 11 A Racehorse Of Her Own : 12 Nellie Never-Give-In : 13 Gipsy Jenna On The Run : 19 Sandra And The Sultan's Ballet. Virtually all are priced at a reasonable £10.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: LUCKY CHARM comics

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:For those who are interested there are currently ten different issues of Lucky Charm on eBay, all concluding tomorrow (Saturday 3 September).
Did anybody make any successful bids on the Lucky Charms?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Phoenix wrote:For those who are interested there are currently ten different issues of Lucky Charm on eBay, all concluding tomorrow (Saturday 3 September).
Did anybody make any successful bids on the Lucky Charms?
Not me. I'm more interested in Lucky Charm #25, which is "Catch the Cat".

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I've had the full run for several years. Would you like a photocopy of Catch The Cat! or are you waiting for an actual to appear on eBay or at 30th Century? I'm feeling quite settled in my personal life, and my creative plans are on course, so I should be able to find enough time over the next week or so to scan it.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:I've had the full run for several years. Would you like a photocopy of Catch The Cat! or are you waiting for an actual to appear on eBay or at 30th Century? I'm feeling quite settled in my personal life, and my creative plans are on course, so I should be able to find enough time over the next week or so to scan it.
Yes please, I would love a copy, but are you sure it isn't too much scanning for you? And yes, I have been looking at those other two places but no luck - except at one point where the bidding got too high.

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

I've got about two thirds of them, they are def. a hard set to collect. I was lucky enough to buy about half of them in one fell swoop from someone on eBay, since then I've only ever got one copy at a time
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Maybe someone will bring out reprint volumes for DCT, as they are beginning to do for IPC.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I've just completed the scanning of Lucky Charm issue 25 Catch The Cat! for you, Tammyfan. I had forgotten that my copy is itself a photocopy but the covers are in colour. Whoever it was that did the A3 photocopies for me all those years ago did not scan the double-page spread that presented pages 16 and 49. I have had to source those from the relevant pages of Bunty. They don't really look out of place though, and I doubt whether it will matter to you anyway as all you want to do with the story is read it. I will make every effort to post it to you on Monday. I do have your address as you know. So if you'll excuse me, I'm now going to read it!!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:I've just completed the scanning of Lucky Charm issue 25 Catch The Cat! for you, Tammyfan. I had forgotten that my copy is itself a photocopy but the covers are in colour. Whoever it was that did the A3 photocopies for me all those years ago did not scan the double-page spread that presented pages 16 and 49. I have had to source those from the relevant pages of Bunty. They don't really look out of place though, and I doubt whether it will matter to you anyway as all you want to do with the story is read it. I will make every effort to post it to you on Monday. I do have your address as you know. So if you'll excuse me, I'm now going to read it!!
Oooh, thank you so much Phoenix! Have fun reading it first! :D