Looking for a Debbie story

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Looking for a Debbie story

Post by Tammyfan »

I am looking for a Debbie story, "Just One Leading Lady!". I have the final episode, which was in #505 (16 October 1982), but I don't have the start date or other episodes. Can anyone help, please? Thank you.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Looking for a Debbie story

Post by Phoenix »

I have several issues of DEBBIE in the general vicinity of that number, Briony. However, as I am currently in London looking after the two of my granddaughters (5&2) who live here, I will not be in a position to help you until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Some other member may well have come running to the rescue well before then. If not, I'll see what I can do.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:I have several issues of DEBBIE in the general vicinity of that number, Briony. However, as I am currently in London looking after the two of my granddaughters (5&2) who live here, I will not be in a position to help you until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Some other member may well have come running to the rescue well before then. If not, I'll see what I can do.
Thank you, no great rush. I know you're in the middle of a shift.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Back from London on the train this afternoon. Andrew is driving up this evening with Aurora and Kelsey for the second week of the holidays. I think someone should warn Southport and all play zones in between here and there that two typhoons are about to descend on them. Nearly forgot to mention that yesterday, chocolate egg finding day in Nana's Wandsworth garden, Aurora put her 17 year old half-sister Shannon's jacket down the toilet. Her mother's punishment certainly hit where it would hurt - she has not been allowed to bring her beloved tablet up here with her tonight.

In the meantime, to deal with the DEBBIE question for Briony, I have discovered that I only have one instalment, that in 504. However, my British Library notes indicate that the photo story Just One Leading Lady! started in 501 (Sep. 18 1982) and definitely ended in 505 (Oct. 16 1962). Just five instalments so, in my view, hardly worth the bother of getting all those people together for just a handful of photographs. I'm absolutely sure that an artist would have made a better job of it. :)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Ok, thank you. Is it possible to have the other episode anyway?

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Of course. I'll try and find time to do it tomorrow as I'm expecting to hear the doorbell any minute, and I haven't yet got the blow-up bed ready for the terrors, cherubs I meant to say!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote: Just five instalments so, in my view, hardly worth the bother of getting all those people together for just a handful of photographs. I'm absolutely sure that an artist would have made a better job of it. :)
I've found it's not an unusual thing for photo stories to have a small number of episodes. Girl 2's "Slaves of the Nightmare Factory", for example, had only 6. It was probably the expense of the actors. At least it made for very tight plotting.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Here's the penultimate instalment of Just One Leading Lady! in two posts as it is four pages long.
Attachments
JOLLady01.jpg
JOLLady02.jpg
JOLLady03.jpg

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

And the final instalment.
Attachments
JOLLady04.jpg

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you Phoenix.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

There was a piece in last night's Evening Standard about the expansion of the British Library but I'm sure Phoenix is already aware of it. Perhaps he has been lifted bodily, desk and all, and moved across the library?

"Excuse me sir do you mind not eating that Belgian Bun while perusing the bound volume of first world war Pucks. Squashed glazed cherries don't go well with hundred year old newsprint."

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:There was a piece in last night's Evening Standard about the expansion of the British Library but I'm sure Phoenix is already aware of it. Perhaps he has been lifted bodily, desk and all, and moved across the library?

"Excuse me sir do you mind not eating that Belgian Bun while perusing the bound volume of first world war Pucks. Squashed glazed cherries don't go well with hundred year old newsprint."
Surely, Steve, you are not actually suggesting that some mere British Library jobsworth would have the barefaced audacity to touch my seat, let alone move it!! You are, aren't you? :shock: :shock: :lol:

Not to worry. Next time I come down perhaps we could get together again for a couple of glasses full of something tasty.