The most evil girls in girls’ comics

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

The most evil girls in girls’ comics

Post by Tammyfan »

I was thinking: if we had a list of the most evil girls to appear in girls’ comics, who would we have on the list? I am talking about ordinary girls in girls’ serials, not evil supernatural characters because they’re often pretty flat. Girls who are ordinary, yet are capable of the greatest evil, and don’t redeem themselves in any way. So far I have been thinking of:

The Honourable SJ - Judy
Bettina Clarke/Linda Lee from The Dark Secret of Bettina Clarke/The Lying Eyes of Linda Lee - Mandy
Josie Goulden from Move over, Maria - Bunty
Linda Rott from Olympia Jones - Tammy
Stacey from The Slave of Form 3B - Jinty
Carol Davies from Captain Carol - Bunty
Siddons from The Four Friends at Spartan School - Tammy
Nancy/Nikki Norden from Be Nice to Nancy/Nikki - Judy/MJ
Evie Moore from The Black and White World of Shirley Grey - Tammy
Jean Marlow from Waves of Fear - Jinty

Suggestions for anyone else?

comixminx

Re: The most evil girls in girls’ comics

Post by comixminx »

Good list. No immediate additions from me, I'll try to see if any others come up if I think further.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

comixminx wrote:Good list. No immediate additions from me, I'll try to see if any others come up if I think further.
Thank you.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Janet Dawson from Blackmailed! - Suzy, could be worth considering.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Rose from RoseMary (Nikki) shows no regrets for her actions.
Carol from Down with St. Desmonds shows some redemption by helping to disarm bomb, but seems she has a ways to go before you could call her a nice person.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

peace355 wrote:Rose from RoseMary (Nikki) shows no regrets for her actions.
Carol from Down with St. Desmonds shows some redemption by helping to disarm bomb, but seems she has a ways to go before you could call her a nice person.
When Carol sees the truth about her mother she calls her "wicked". But yes, I fail to see Carol being filled with remorse for what she did although she now knows her revenge was mistaken and the people she destroyed were innocent. I don't even see her apologising. Dismantling the bomb was her only redemption.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Bert from “It’s a Dog’s Life!” - Tammy. Ok, so he’s a boy, not a girl. But his brutalisation of the dog he’s minding is one of the most sickening I have seen in girls’ comics.