Double-page ad in The Guardian

From the ashes of the DFC rises... the Phoenix.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Double-page ad in The Guardian

Post by Phoenix »

I'm posting this in case it's of interest. In the Family section of The Guardian yesterday there was an advert for The Phoenix, in the form of a cartoon recounting the idea behind the conception of the comic, which took up the whole of both centre pages. I would have posted this yesterday but unfortunately I don't even open the Family section until Sunday.

They are offering a prize of an annual subscription worth £99 to the person who draws the best one-page comic strip about his/her family, the added incentive being that it will be published in the comic 'for the world to see'.

Readers of The Guardian are offered the special subscription offer of four free issues, of The Phoenix not The Guardian, and a monthly payment of £7.99.

You can now see the spread in four parts below, but whether you can read them is in the lap of the gods.
Attachments
phoenix1.jpg
phoenix2.jpg
phoenix3.jpg
Last edited by Phoenix on 30 Jun 2013, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

Digifiend

Re: Double-page ad in The Guardian

Post by Digifiend »

Don't bother scanning it, it's on the website.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... comic-form

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Double-page ad in The Guardian

Post by Phoenix »

I'd posted before I saw your post, Digi. Under the circumstances, I won't bother posting my fourth panel. The three are not very good anyway because my scanner doesn't seem to transmit the tiny details to ComicsUK. For normal printing in my house it's phenomenally good, even on big reductions.