Nailing the Hammer Man

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Nailing the Hammer Man

Post by Digifiend »

Colin M, there's only one shop near me that sells Classics from the Comics, and that's WHSmith, so that should be your first port of call. And be quick, you've only got three days! Welcome to the forum.

Colin M

Post by Colin M »

Thanks for the welcome chaps.

Eeek I've left it tight then, I did try my local WHS but no luck (its quite a small one) - there's a larger one I can try tommorrow so will give it a whirl, I like a challenge!

Colin M

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Ask at WHSmiths for the earlier version.they may still have a copy in the store room.
new one out tomorrow..

NP

Post by NP »

None of the WH Smiths near me stock Classics from the Comics any more, not even the Railway station one. The 'main' city centre store relocated last year and is now one tenth of it's original size.
So I haven't seen Classics for a while, good luck finding it.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I have always had varying degrees of difficulty on finding Classics so I subscribed a couple of years back - much easier and not TOOO much of an initial outlay. Also, you get your Classics fix a week or so before it hits the newsstands (or doesn't in some cases!)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

NP wrote:None of the WH Smiths near me stock Classics from the Comics any more, not even the Railway station one. The 'main' city centre store relocated last year and is now one tenth of it's original size.
So I haven't seen Classics for a while, good luck finding it.
I know what you mean, there are 4 branches of WHSmith in Hull, and only the largest one has Classics. DCT really needs to improve it's distribution.

Colin M

Post by Colin M »

Ah well good and bad news, the larger WHS did indeed have Classics but as I'd been warned it was the new issue (#161) and a busy lunchtime prevented me trying the storeroom option.

Still its a nice issue and has a fun episode of The Hammer Man so all not lost.

I take it last issue's Hammer Man feature was a simple one pager like this new issue's one on Gorgeous Gus, the aristocratic footballer, rather than anything more detailed ?

Cheers

Colin M