Classics to end next month

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: Classics to end next month

Post by felneymike »

Somebody on Bear Alley's comments said that B&MC's subscription rates were still really low, but the price of individual issues had risen... so even if people did renew they were effectively getting several "free" issues. Which is no way to run a business!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

So they forgot to increase the price of the subscriptions when they increased the cover price? That's stupid. I wonder if that publisher's other magazines such as Collect it! will end up folding too?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Well, today's the day #176 was due out, so as of now, Classics should no longer be on sale. It's officially over.

SID

Post by SID »

And I cannot see it anywhere. :(
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I hope that's because 175 sold out instead of the shop diligently removing the unsold copies dead on time... my local WHSmith still had two copies left on Monday - and they were obscuring The Dandy, so I had to move them.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

They probably removed it as soon as they got the sale or return slip to send it back with.