Storing Victor Comics

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

bubbadog

Storing Victor Comics

Post by bubbadog »

Hi All,

I was recently lucky enough to win the first 290 issues of Victor in a "bricks and mortar" auction. (£130.00 bargain?)

I seem to have got the makings of a very nice collection, i already have some 400 or so issues from the late 1960s/early 1970s.

What's the best method for storage? Does anyone sell "victor" sized bags and boards? The first 3 issues have been in the wars a little - no pun intended, and I would like to ensure they get no worse.

Twas a good auction because I also picked up the entire 89 issue run of Fantastic comic in very nice order for just £45.00. :)

Cheers

Pete

starscape

Re: Storing Victor Comics

Post by starscape »

Collectorline products are the main ones for bags, boxes and boards (lots of US & UK sizes). Paul Eke of Amazing Fantasy thecomicbookshop.co.uk is a good guy, so I'd recommend buying off him
http://amazing-fantasy-comics.com/shop/ ... x&cPath=57

I'd say the first 290, with issues 1-3 would be an awesome deal!
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Storing Victor Comics

Post by colcool007 »

bubbadog wrote:Hi All,

I was recently lucky enough to win the first 290 issues of Victor in a "bricks and mortar" auction. (£130.00 bargain?)

I seem to have got the makings of a very nice collection, i already have some 400 or so issues from the late 1960s/early 1970s.

What's the best method for storage? Does anyone sell "victor" sized bags and boards? The first 3 issues have been in the wars a little - no pun intended, and I would like to ensure they get no worse.

Twas a good auction because I also picked up the entire 89 issue run of Fantastic comic in very nice order for just £45.00. :)

Cheers

Pete
Pete, no, it's not a bargain. It's an absolute steal! I got a very tatty Victor No 1 and it cost me over a tenner. So I'll let you figure the bargain value yourself....Grr :D
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!