Article on "Scoop" Comic

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

DavidKW

Re: Article on "Scoop" Comic

Post by DavidKW »

Just thinking:

Am going to watch FA cup final this evening at a "Nutty" KO time - hope to see some players "Whizzer" -ing down the field, making some good "Chips" leading to "Cracker" of a goal or two.

At season ends I'll be reading about the player and managerial "Merry-Go-Round"s through the months of "June" and July and hoping for a "Scorcher" of a summer, but probably it'll be another wet and "Misty" one with the odd "Hurricane" thrown in.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Glad Wigan won - a good day for the little guy rather than overpaid mercenaries.

Can't believe you couldn't fit "Score N Roar" into that post.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Roberto Mancini has been sacked. Glad Watford beat Leicester after Chris Wood deserting Millwall for them thinking he had a better chance of promotion. I don't think he is very happy there and now wishes he had stayed at The Den. Spurs have won at Stoke keeping their top four hopes alive.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Not surprising, Man City shouldn't have lost the FA Cup final against a team battling relegation!

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Can we push the 2012-2013 season discussion back to Non Comics Discussion?

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

Blimey, we've gone off on a football tangent here!

I hadn't heard of Score'N'Roar till you metioned it Steve.

(did I see it on this site's gallery & forget about it?)

Still gave me incentive to dig some more research on it vis gallery & other sites - found out it was a Whizzer & Chips 2 comics in one with the character of "Nipper" being one of the main strips.

Sounds a good publication.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I really like it - got a nice bundle off ebay a few months back. It was printed on glossier paper than W&C though. Later became just Score and then absorbed by Scorcher.