Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
NUTTY COMIC 

In the current issue of the Beano, Dennis's dad has a new job which means that Dennis is leaving Beanotown. Obviously the Internet is aghast (well, there are a few concerned posts here and there!) but I am quite excited to see who he may meet there....

Favourite Nutty characters?

Other than the obvious I quite liked Doodlebug and Dick Turban!

Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:54 am

Spencer wrote:
In the current issue of the Beano, Dennis's dad has a new job which means that Dennis is leaving Beanotown. Obviously the Internet is aghast (well, there are a few concerned posts here and there!) but I am quite excited to see who he may meet there....

Favourite Nutty characters?

Other than the obvious I quite liked Doodlebug and Dick Turban!

Maybe he will meet Bananaman! Or maybe he will meet Buster or Dandy characters.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:22 am
Throgmorton

Nuttytown is half way between Beanotown and Dandytown. We know this, because between 1983 and 1985, the Nutty characters appeared in the Beano comic libraries, but it was amalgamated with Dandytown in 1985.

Plugtown lay between Beanotown and Beezertown on the other side, which had Toppertown between it and Dandytown. Sparkytown would have been on the inside of Toppertown, because of the characters it took from Magic, the Beano and the Dandy.

One thing's for sure - Nuttytown isn't 20 miles from Beanotown ;)

... back to the topic. I was a bit disappointed that Dennis's dad didn't get the job so the storyline couldn't have stretched into a third week.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:53 pm
Profile WWW

The second part wasn't what I expected at all (doesn't mean they didn't do some decent jokes in it though). So that Dennis Don't Go poster, which showed the family driving off, was all just a dream? I actually expected something to go wrong at Dad's new job, prompting them to come back and the other characters to admit they missed him. Instead, Dad never got the job, and for all we know the other kids are still mad at Dennis!

Was the name Plugtown ever actually used? Plug, logically, should have lived in Beanotown, as he was still appearing in the Bash Street Kids throughout his time in Plug and The Beezer. And Antchester United, obviously would live in Antchester.

Tammyfan, I hope you meant Beezer and not Buster there, because Buster isn't from DC Thomson. Egmont owns it.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:06 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
Was the name Plugtown ever actually used? Plug, logically, should have lived in Beanotown, as he was still appearing in the Bash Street Kids throughout his time in Plug and The Beezer.

http://www.topper-universe.co.uk/plug/plug_ppp.php

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Banana Crescent

must be in Beezer town...

I was hoping for some Nutty character to appear so shame it didn't happen...

Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]