Sparky = Favourite era.

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

alanultron5

Sparky = Favourite era.

Post by alanultron5 »

I had the Sparky comic from its first issue in January 1965 up to May/June 1971. While I enjoyed the whole run, two favourite `Eras` stood out for me in particular. The first was the period following the September 1966`free gifts/new stories promotion. This brought in `fun pals` "My Grockle and Me" and the surrealistic "Willy the Woeful Wizard" adventure strip. Two months later (November) the first of the three "Davey Spacer" adventure strips commenced. These gave me great reading enjoyment for some weeks.

My second best `era` of Sparky was the first few months of 1968. Strips such as "The Floating Farrells" "Blondel, the Wandering Minstrel" and the last few months of "The Lonely Lad of Blue Lagoon" were - for me -superb! As well as these, there were (And I did not know this back in 68) those Belgian `fun pals` "Big Billy Bigg" "Clever Claire" and "The Snooks". Made this a great period for me.

I know many Sparky fans adore the 1969-72 era. This brought forth two exceptional fun strips in `Puss and Boots` and `I. Spy` to mention just two from `this era`. Many fans love this comics last few years too!

Fine as these were- personally, for myself, it is `Autumn 66` and first half 68!
A Face unclouded by thought.