Hotspur Summer Special 1980 or later?

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Can anybody confirm whether or not Hotspur published a summer special in 1980 or later perhaps featuring a Starhawk strip?

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

Can't believe Al hasn't got ANY Hotspur specials on display in the specials section, he normally has such a comprehensive selection.
The website is looking good Cap (and has come on loads recently it seems) but the site address is
http://starhawkcrunch.tripod.com/
I think you've got one too many forward slashes in your link. Just trying to help!

Richard S.

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Oops! :oops: Strangely enough when I clicked on the link it still loaded the website :? However I have fixed it now to just 2 forward slashes :P

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

There never was a Hotspur Summer Special produced.

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Thanks for that info Kashgar.Judging by your knowledge displayed in other posts I think I can confidently accept that as Gospel.The site is in mourning as I was hoping for some Starhawk gems.Ah well.I stilll find it hard to believe D.C. Thomson never produced a Summer Special for Hotspur given its remarkable longevity!!!!Other titles including Bullet,which lasted about 2 years and others all had summer specials.Its a travesty!

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Kashgar,just thought I'd let you know that I sent you a PM,just in case it doesn't show up on your monitor.