Someone has to be first don't they?

Discuss or comment on anything relating to this long-running adult comic that started back in 1979.

Moderator: AndyB

SID

Someone has to be first don't they?

Post by SID »

Actually, I only read a few Viz, my favourite being Black Bag(?), the parody of the Dandy's Black Bob. :)
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Re: Someone has to be first don't they?

Post by Digifiend »

Ha ha, someone does have to be first! :lol: This should see more activity than the redundant DFC forum anyway. :up:

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

The 30th Anniversary Viz is coming up next month (have a deadline for next Wednesday - eek!).

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

In my opinion the funniest Viz strip ever was when Student Grant went to watch Ai No Corrida (if you don't know, don't google with safesearch off!) because "it's four hours long and in Japanese so it's going to be brilliant!". I've got the annual it was in somewhere.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I was especially impressed with a deluxe VIZ book chronicalling it's history [loads of pencil roughs, etc] released a few years back: [gold cover I think]: I'd be interested in getting this tome.

might have been this one]:

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I have that book, it's very interesting but there's not much writing. It does have all of the covers up to that date reproduced.

Steve Henderson

Post by Steve Henderson »

Get the silver plated jubilee and rude kids and your pretty much up to date with your Viz story! The jubilee book may not have much in the way of writing (see Chris Donalds for that) but the sketches and scribbles and reproductions are very entertaining.

Dont forget the Cartoon museum will be putting on a 30th anniversary exhibition, should be worth a gander!

wardrobe86

Post by wardrobe86 »

Yeah i'm definatly going to head to the cartoon museum for the exhibition, the beano one last year was great so i expect this one will be fantastic too.

patpending

Post by patpending »

felneymike wrote:In my opinion the funniest Viz strip ever was when Student Grant went to watch Ai No Corrida (if you don't know, don't google with safesearch off!) because "it's four hours long and in Japanese so it's going to be brilliant!". I've got the annual it was in somewhere.
didn't they have someone recognisable leaving the cinema (bloke with square glasses) as in John Brown or someone?

I remember Student Grant's alarm going off at say 7 o'clock...it was too early...and it was 7pm...