Viz: Naughty, but very Nice

Discuss or comment on anything relating to this long-running adult comic that started back in 1979.

Moderator: AndyB

Little Squelchy Thing

Viz: Naughty, but very Nice

Post by Little Squelchy Thing »

Gawd bless those Viz guys. I follow Viz on Twitter (@vizcomic, if you're looking for them) and happened to mention to them the other day that my copy of the latest issue (179) seemed to have some 'smudged' pages, probably due to a printing error or something.

Quick as a flash, they got back to me and told me if I sent them my address, they'd dispatch a 'certifiably smudge-free' copy as soon as possible. I did so, and lo and behold, the following day I received a fresh copy of Viz 179!

I thought that was really kind of them! A great display of excellent reader/comic relations, don't you think? HOORAY FOR VIZ! :D

STARBOY

Re: Viz: Naughty, but very Nice

Post by STARBOY »

That is excellent customer relations from VIZ (well done to them) not many businesses do that nowadays (particularly publishing/comic companies). Years ago I sent away for the first issue of VIZ (it was advertised in the small ads section of Private Eye) and they sent it very promptly, but didn't include the free "Ice cream cone" with it (it was a drawing of a cone lol).They sent this a week later with a letter of apology (??) I thought, at the time it was an advertising type stunt but it may have been genuine (I chucked the first issue out a few weeks after reading it - arghh in the 80s it was going for silly money). Also in the mid/late 70s I sent of for a "Mad" Sergio Aragones special and it took ages to arrive, when it did eventually arrive it had a nice letter in apologising for the delay and a "printed not original) set of Aragones drawings which I though was nice of them.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Good for you guys, that's fantastic customer service from the team at Viz.

ajsmith

Post by ajsmith »

Nit-picking I know, but the latest's 197.

Little Squelchy Thing

Post by Little Squelchy Thing »

Oh, yes - that's what I meant! Seemed to have got my last two digits mixed up. I must have been sooooo excited! :D