Amy Winehouse dies.

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Amy Winehouse dies.

Post by stevezodiac »

I was never a fan but another in a long list of pop greats who have died at the age of 27. From memory I think they include Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Mama Cass Elliot, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison. Maybe Marc Bolan as well? Funny as I was just going through old vhs tapes and found a TOTP 2 punk special including Joy Division with the late Ian Curtis - not sure how old he was when he died. Amy Winehouse's death comes as no surprise given her drinking problem. Booed off stage recently.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Amy Winehouse dies.

Post by colcool007 »

Live Fast. Die Young. Another one who's life became a car crash in slow motion. It's a shame as she did have talent, but blew it on the booze and the drugs.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Apparently her father Mitch doesn't know yet as he is on a flight.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Unlike manufactured acts , Amy Winehouse stood out as being unique: even I recognized her voice, and I gave up interest in popular music eons ago.

Rest in Peace, Amy: you were controversial, but you were never boring.

Steve: I think Marc Bolan died just a few weeks short of his 30th birthday in 1977.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Inevitable I guess. I really feel sorry for her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield.

Since no link was posted: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/new ... ed-27.html

Apparently Sky News is saying that it was a drugs overdose, which wouldn't be surprising at all.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I wasn't shocked when I heard the news, because in truth things had been heading that way for some time, but it's still very sad.

I read on another forum that her father had written her obituary a couple of years ago, because he knew he was going to need it soon. Not sure how true this is, but it sounds believable.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

It is tragic, but not unexpected. She's been on a path to self destruction for at least the last five years. I still remember her turning up drunk on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Simon Amstell going completely off topic and bascally pleading with her to take better care of herself. She had good friends, it's a shame she didn't listen to them.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Steve Allen on LBC radio this morning asked who was looking after her? Who allowed her to go on stage last month obviously unfit to perform? What sort of management is that?