Dangermouse co-creator Mark Hall dies

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Dangermouse co-creator Mark Hall dies

Post by Digifiend »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15792282

Animator Mark Hall, co-founder of Cosgrove Hall, responsible for Chorlton and the Wheelies, Dangermouse and The Wind in the Willows, has died of cancer at the age of 75.

He died in the early hours of Friday at his home in Manchester surrounded by his family, his company Cosgrove Hall Fitzpatrick Entertainment said.

Peter Gray

Re: Dangermouse co-creator Mark Hall dies

Post by Peter Gray »

Just when the company was about to make a come back.....what strange timing..But as it said on the BBC page it was good that he saw the company come back after two years of closure..

I loved the quirky..english..goonish humour there programs had..they will stay with me forever..
What an amazing legacy and now a new future..
:cheers: to Mark Hall..
and I hope brian and the team will get the animation industry in this country off the ground again...bringing our unique english humour to the world and especially our country..

blaing

Post by blaing »

Rest In Peace, Mark.

To me, you and Brian Cosgrove will always be remembered for Dangermouse and Count Duckula.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Very sad to hear about the death of Mark Hall. He will be remembered for the great work he did in animation, especially on the brilliant Dangermouse. RIP.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I submitted some animation samples to Cosgrove Hall in the late 80s: I still have hundreds of animation roughs I done to show them:

I never did get a job at Cosgrove-Hall, but these drawings got me a job at Spielberg's Amblin unit around the same time.

RIP Mark Hall: your studio inspired me to try out animation.
Last edited by ISPYSHHHGUY on 21 Nov 2011, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Here's a four page article from the 1983 Look-In Television annual:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Pat Sullivan believed Felix the Cat didn't need sound. Well, it's true, it didn't. The earliest Korky the Cat strips in the Dandy didn't have speech bubbles, and that technique was used as recently as 1999 with Biffo the Bear in the Beano. Animals can be funny without needing words.

Stingray

Post by Stingray »

:(

Cosgrove Hall was one of the original studios that inspired me with their great roster of animated characters.

Sad news indeed.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

wow----I done a serious error in my earlier post, putting in 'Brian Cosgrove', rather than 'Mark Hall', but I've fixed the wording now----------I saved myself some real embarassment in doing so: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My Heartfelt apologies, Mark: it was a genuine mistake.