TOTP 2 tonight.

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

TOTP 2 tonight.

Post by stevezodiac »

Tonight the BBC are showing a TOTP Christmas special with all our favourites - Wizzard, Slade, Shaky etc. But on radio five live this morning Nicky Campbell interviewed a former cameraman from the show. He has had a video tape of David Bowie singing Jean Genie for 38 years (not seen since then) and it has been edited into tonight's show. The song is performed live and Bowie said that the BBC version was a better version than the one on the record - quality wise. Also the Radio Times mentions rare footage of Ringo singing It Don't Come Easy - his first solo single which I rushed out and bought at the time as I was a big Beatles fan - it came in a picture sleeve which was rare in 1970/71.

tony ingram

Re: TOTP 2 tonight.

Post by tony ingram »

Thanks for the heads-up, Steve. It's now in my planner. Can't beat a bit of Christmas nostalgia. :D

-MikeD-

Post by -MikeD- »

stevezodiac wrote:Tonight the BBC are showing a TOTP Christmas special with all our favourites - Wizzard, Slade, Shaky etc.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk

matrix

Post by matrix »

So here it is Merry Christmas.... Come on Mike, dont tell us you have never nodded your head or tapped your feet to this after a few ales at the local!! :cheers: Merry xmas all.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Saw it, but I thought it was meant to be retro tunes? So why was Justin Bieber on the show (doing a duet with Mariah Carey, they used a music video)? That song is a new release and should've been on the Christmas Day TOTP instead.

dreamticket

Post by dreamticket »

stevezodiac wrote:Tonight the BBC are showing a TOTP Christmas special with all our favourites - Wizzard, Slade, Shaky etc. But on radio five live this morning Nicky Campbell interviewed a former cameraman from the show. He has had a video tape of David Bowie singing Jean Genie for 38 years (not seen since then) and it has been edited into tonight's show. The song is performed live and Bowie said that the BBC version was a better version than the one on the record - quality wise. Also the Radio Times mentions rare footage of Ringo singing It Don't Come Easy - his first solo single which I rushed out and bought at the time as I was a big Beatles fan - it came in a picture sleeve which was rare in 1970/71.
Annoyingly enough I missed this because I (not having seen Steve's post) tuned in to watch the show and realised early on it seemed to be a repeat of one shown earlier in the year. I immediately started channel hopping. Does anyone know if the Jean Genie track has surfaced on youtube yet?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It's repeated on BBC2 at 10:25pm tonight, and is also on the iPlayer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wz6r