VHS Recordings wanted

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

LordSnooty2

VHS Recordings wanted

Post by LordSnooty2 »

Hello everybody, it's been a while since I've been on here last- thought I'd ask some of you collectors a question/search which I want to be fulfilled. Basicially, I am a collector of old Children's ITV programmes from 1990-2001/Beano & Dandy clips. I was just wondering whether anybody on here has any old tapes sitting up in their attic, gathering dust.. if you do, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to either take the tapes off your hands for a price or borrow the tapes, making a DVD copy for myself and you, and then returning it back with no delay whatsoever. Thank you! :D

Shaqui

Re: VHS Recordings wanted

Post by Shaqui »

Shame you hadn't posted earlier... three boxes of VHS tapes went up the dump earlier in the year. I'm still wading through crates of tapes stored under the stairs.

Can you be a bit more specific about what you're after?

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

That's what I was about to ask. Last week I bought one of those Toshiba VHS-DVD recorders and have been transferring some material. A 1987 Blue Peter Christmas Show with Caron Keating, Yvette Fielding and Mark Curry being one of them. (It had a tribute to Hollywood musicals with Yvette as Calamity Jane singing The Deadwood Stage among other things). I have boxes of VHS tapes so it will take a while to get through. I know I have Michael Aspel interviewing Clint Eastwood plus episodes of My World and Welcome To It which is not available on dvd. Also have some Hannah Barbera commercial VHS tapes of Augie Doggie & Doggie Daddy and Snagglepuss which I want to transfer. I have an old Beano Dandy documentary as well - BBC Arena show or similar.
Last edited by stevezodiac on 26 Oct 2012, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

LordSnooty2

Post by LordSnooty2 »

Of course I can be a bit more specific! I'm looking for Children's ITV/ CITV programmes broadcast on television between 1990 and 2001 such as Zzzap!, Art Attack, Sooty, Rosie & Jim, etc. (Bear in mind I do NOT want official VHS tapes that can be purchased from Amazon).

I'm also after clips relating to Beano and/or Dandy from the last 10-25 years either in the form of advertisements, news items, or part of a television programme in general. Hope you guys can help :)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

You'll want the documentary Steve mentioned then. You'll also want episode 1 of Comics Britannia if anyone has it.

LordSnooty2

Post by LordSnooty2 »

Funny you should mention Comics Britannia- All 4 episodes have been sitting on my Sky + for 4 years, believe it or not! Was a great programme (despite some of the facts being incorrect.. OH BBC! :roll: ) I'm not sure whether I have seen the documentary Steve said about- I'm fairly certain I haven't :)

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I definitely have the last episode of the first series of Robot Wars sitting around somewhere...

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I'm afraid I didn't really tape children's tv. Most of the stuff I have on VHS is now available on dvd box sets, thankfully. Its just things like Debbie Harry on Wogan and Kate Bush on TOTP I want to keep. Plus some Hannah-Barbera cartoons and a few ancient documentaries not repeated since.

LordSnooty2

Post by LordSnooty2 »

Robot Wars was BBC, and I don't think it was a kids programme :lol: Please would you be able to make a copy of that documentary for me, Steve?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It wasn't shown in the CBBC block, but it's certainly marketed to the kids - in fact, in the US, a version was made for Nickelodeon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Wars_(TV_series)

LordSnooty2

Post by LordSnooty2 »

I recall watching the programme in the early 2000s- Never knew it was made for the US (espically for kids.. well, it probably explained the playset at christmas) I always thought Robot Wars was a weird mix of LWT's Gladiators and Doctor Who.. clever concept though! :offtopic1:

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

I'm referring to my collection of off-airs, which number around several hundred dating back to the early 1980s, not sell-throughs. When I get to the next crate, I'll see what I've got.

LordSnooty2

Post by LordSnooty2 »

Great! Thank you very much- looking forward to hear what you've got :)

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

As I started work in the late 1980s, and moved to my own place in the early 1990s, I don't think I recorded a lot of childrens TV, mainly opting for cable channels etc. Plus my reception for BBC 1 & ITV was quite appalling until I got cable in 1996!

That's why I was asking about specific shows as I would recall those, and would be able to check if I had recorded them against what catalogues I listed at the time.

LordSnooty2

Post by LordSnooty2 »

Ah what a shame- who knows? There may be a few little clips dotted around on some tapes.. Do keep me informed