Forum Members' Birthdays

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Forum Members' Birthdays

Post by Phoenix »

I notice that coincidentally today is the 49th birthday of both Sidnny and Sid. Consequently the conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if these are two different people, or just one person with two user names, which, as far as I'm aware, isn't allowed.

Digifiend

Re: Forum Members' Birthdays

Post by Digifiend »

They're the same person. Look at their profiles, same occupation, similar avatars and signatures.

Inexplicably, he used both accounts on the same day on one thread: http://comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.p ... 451#p26451

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

if you have a "senior moment", forget your password and can't log on, then people often create a secondary account. If it is for innocent purposes, then Al doesn't mind. However, if people are using it to create havoc, that's a fish of a different kettle....

I had to do it as I could not reset my password as the captcha was in a colour I couldn't even see! Curse you colour-blindness for your blight upon the modern world.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote:if you have a "senior moment", forget your password and can't log on, then people often create a secondary account. If it is for innocent purposes, then Al doesn't mind.
It doesn't necessarily involve passwords. I originally registered as DarsyM on May 2nd 2007, but regardless of whatever I did at the time to get started, nothing seemed to work, so I wasn't even sure whether I'd registered properly or not. It would be the best part of a year before I made the successful attempt, March 27th 2008. I do remember, though, that on one occasion much later, after I had discovered that my earlier username had been registered, and when something in the system was preventing me from posting as Phoenix, I tried to do so from my earlier username. This was refused on the grounds that they could not accept posts from two usernames from the same address.

Just looking through the list of members this evening, I've noticed these. Nothing personal, but are these the same person? Just curious.

57 David Simpson (23 posts)
143 David Andrew Simpson (0 posts)
280 David A Simpson (4 posts)
346 davidandrewsimpson (115 posts)

Dunder Ed

Post by Dunder Ed »

And here I was thinking that you were wishing all the forum members with upcoming birthdays a good day.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Dunder Ed wrote:And here I was thinking that you were wishing all the forum members with upcoming birthdays a good day.
I really can't imagine how even a modest amount of thought could possibly have left you with that impression.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I think he meant when he saw the thread title but before actually reading the content.