Hello everyone

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Lew Stringer

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Lew Stringer »

Prodigal wrote:
Peter Gray wrote:Whats your top three favourite British adventure stories you like..
and welcome..
Peter when I came back to the fold there were three strips in particular that grabbed me by the lapels and screamed how could you ever have forgotten me?!

1. The Steel Claw.
2. Adam Eterno.
3. The Spider.

However as I read on and immersed myself in my Brit comic roots, far more besides re-lit my imagination-Janus Stark, Tim Kelly and the eye of Zoltec etc. Then Spellbinder spell-bound me (oh the joys of the Valiant book of Mystery and Magic) and a whole new list of old chums emerged who had been treated badly by me.

Welcome, Prodigal. I don't know if you're aware of them but a few years ago Titan Books published a couple of hardbacks you might be interested in. One reprinted the early stories of The Steel Claw and the other featured The Spider. (The latter was re-titled King of Crooks on the cover, as 'The Spider' name is already taken in the USA.)

They also did a collection of a mixture of strips, under the Albion banner. All three books are still available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Steel-Claw- ... steel+claw

Kid Robson

Post by Kid Robson »

Phoenix wrote:
ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:My good Mr Prodigal
I am reassured this afternoon, Rab, to see that you are again capable of reproducing people's names accurately. I will admit to some concern when I noticed that you recently addressed one of our senior and much-respected posters rather insultingly as Mr Russell. At first I thought it was a mistake, but given that you surely can't have failed to notice that Phil appends both his Christian name and his surname to every one of his posts, I am unsure of the reason. Perhaps it was a kind of blindness that seems to affect others as well. On another thread a different poster asked Phil if he would sell him his Glow Mask, despite having been told by Phil less than twenty-four hours earlier that he no longer has it. Thinking about it, perhaps Phil is the one at fault. Nah, can't be.
Actually, you're wrong. I was asking him if he'd sell me the comic which once had a glow mask. As to why you'd think I would ask someone to sell me something he'd already told me he didn't have is beyond me, but one thing's for sure - it's sure not Phil's fault.

Prodigal

Post by Prodigal »

Lew Stringer wrote:
Prodigal wrote:
Peter Gray wrote:Whats your top three favourite British adventure stories you like..
and welcome..
Peter when I came back to the fold there were three strips in particular that grabbed me by the lapels and screamed how could you ever have forgotten me?!

1. The Steel Claw.
2. Adam Eterno.
3. The Spider.

However as I read on and immersed myself in my Brit comic roots, far more besides re-lit my imagination-Janus Stark, Tim Kelly and the eye of Zoltec etc. Then Spellbinder spell-bound me (oh the joys of the Valiant book of Mystery and Magic) and a whole new list of old chums emerged who had been treated badly by me.

Welcome, Prodigal. I don't know if you're aware of them but a few years ago Titan Books published a couple of hardbacks you might be interested in. One reprinted the early stories of The Steel Claw and the other featured The Spider. (The latter was re-titled King of Crooks on the cover, as 'The Spider' name is already taken in the USA.)

They also did a collection of a mixture of strips, under the Albion banner. All three books are still available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Steel-Claw- ... steel+claw
Lew I have them all. When I returned to the fold I was like a ravenous beast buying everything I could get my hands on-old comics, annuals, summer specials and collected editions. The Titan stuff is superb-a real treat.

Lew I also had the good fortune to get tuned into the great pit-stops of the internet and I have been an avid reader of all things Lew Stringer from very early on in my British comics return. I have been immensely enjoying your on line presence for years and genuine thanks for all of that.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

starscape wrote:Ah, Steve Ignorant and Christ the Album. Was a bit more into Conflict and Chumbawamba myself. Ever heard Custom Rock on the Ungovernable Force?
I loved Crass first time around, starscape, and still listen to them today: 'Yes Sir I Will' is one of the worst albums ever recorded by anyone , though! Christ-the Album is very polished, possibly my favourite.I only ever heard clips of Conflict on youtube: Colin Jerwood, etc, Steve Ignorant seems a nice all-round good egg, a million miles removed from his poisonous vinyl persona. Penny Rimbaud accused him of selling out after performing Crass songs in his recent Last Supper tour: however Penny is recieving the lions' share of Crass Royalties----about 65%. His writing was excellent though, the very essence of Crass.

Yes I liked Chumbawumba, who started off on Crass labels' Bulls*** Detector compilation.

I will try and seek out Custom Rock'

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Prodigal wrote: Lew I also had the good fortune to get tuned into the great pit-stops of the internet and I have been an avid reader of all things Lew Stringer from very early on in my British comics return. I have been immensely enjoying your on line presence for years and genuine thanks for all of that.
Thanks Prodigal! It's always nice to start the day with a compliment. :D
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Prodigal

Post by Prodigal »

Lew Stringer wrote:
Prodigal wrote: Lew I also had the good fortune to get tuned into the great pit-stops of the internet and I have been an avid reader of all things Lew Stringer from very early on in my British comics return. I have been immensely enjoying your on line presence for years and genuine thanks for all of that.
Thanks Prodigal! It's always nice to start the day with a compliment. :D

You are welcome Lew. Good to be able to say a big ta in your direction. Its well over-due.