Comics UK will be down from 22:00 (BST) tonight (24/08/2016)

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Al
Sir!

Comics UK will be down from 22:00 (BST) tonight (24/08/2016)

Post by Al »

I am currently in the process of carrying out some very long overdue maintenance on Comics UK and will need to shut it down for a few hours tonight (24th August 2016).

Work will start at 22:00 (BST), so please do not start writing a post around that time, because it will most probably get lost.

I apologise for the inconvenience but if all goes well, the site will be back to normal tomorrow morning around the 08:00 mark.

I have been taken regular backups of everything, just in case things go wrong, and I will take a final backup of the forum after I deactivate it at 22:00 tonight.

Al

Al
Sir!

Re: Comics UK will be down from 22:00 (BST) tonight (24/08/2

Post by Al »

Well, it took a 'bit' longer than I had anticipated, but the website seems to be working okay now. The overhaul was a lot more involved than I had envisaged, but I got there in the end......hopefully. Who needs sleep, eh?

Nothing has changed on the surface, but a fair bit has changed in the background. The main change has been better remote access to the databases and files of the website for me, plus getting stuff in place for the Content Management System (CMS) software that I still haven't totally abandoned.....yet.

But please, if you come across ANY part of the website that isn't doing what it used to do, or is now problematic, please let me know. I know there is a problem with my email address of al@comicsuk.co.uk, but I'll get on to that ASAP.

......and now to the land of nod.

Al

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Comics UK will be down from 22:00 (BST) tonight (24/08/2

Post by Phoenix »

Could Admin please remove this announcement from the Non-comics Discussion Forum, and place it in the more appropriate Announcements section, otherwise it looks as if it will remain permanently, and quite inappropriately, at the top of the Topics section of the Non-comics Discussion Forum. Thank you in anticipation.