Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Is Strip no more? 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1434
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
Usually there is some sort of word, some murmurings, some sign of activity. But there's been nothing since last September.

Has Strip bailed out for the final time? :(

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


19 Feb 2014, 14:18
Profile YIM

Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 00:59
Posts: 7040
Reply with quote
SID wrote:
Usually there is some sort of word, some murmurings, some sign of activity. But there's been nothing since last September.

Has Strip bailed out for the final time? :(


I've heard nothing definite to put on my blog. I know they had distribution delays with the previous paper issues as it's printed in Bosnia, but even the third digital edition hasn't appeared.

One of its stories, Crucible has spun off into a digital comic though, featuring material already seen in Strip plus previously unseen chapters:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/crucible-no1-just-69p.html


20 Feb 2014, 01:41
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2006, 17:31
Posts: 114
Location: Lancaster
Reply with quote
Lew Stringer wrote:
SID wrote:
Usually there is some sort of word, some murmurings, some sign of activity. But there's been nothing since last September.

Has Strip bailed out for the final time? :(


I've heard nothing definite to put on my blog. I know they had distribution delays with the previous paper issues as it's printed in Bosnia, but even the third digital edition hasn't appeared.

One of its stories, Crucible has spun off into a digital comic though, featuring material already seen in Strip plus previously unseen chapters:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/crucible-no1-just-69p.html


As posted on the other hand, the future of the title is very much in the hands of the publisher.

_________________
John Freeman
British Comics News Blog: http://www.downthetubes.net 


21 Feb 2014, 13:45
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1434
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
Thanks, John.

:xfingers: that things will get finally sorted.

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


23 Feb 2014, 09:04
Profile YIM

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1529
Reply with quote
Does any one have any news on strip yet or is the mag officially dead?


14 Mar 2014, 16:51
Profile

Joined: 21 Dec 2013, 12:59
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
big bad bri wrote:
Does any one have any news on strip yet or is the mag officially dead?


It's apparently in "holding" pattern Bri but without any definitive news of a re-launch date.


18 Mar 2014, 12:02
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1434
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
It is definitely make or break this time.

I am happy to wait for a long as necessary but unfortunately it is not enough that it does come out but it has to be regular after that be it monthly, twice a year or even annually.

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


25 Mar 2014, 00:10
Profile YIM

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1529
Reply with quote
Does anyone have any news yet on Strip relaunch or is it still on hold or dead?


13 Oct 2014, 22:34
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1434
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
Since it's been over a year since we have heard any news I'm assuming the worst.

Sad as it had great potential.

However, if there is ever a comeback vthen I will be one of the first to get it. :)

In the meantime, if there's a gap then there's always alternatives. How about Spaceship Away¿ A great retro comic and the silent saviour of Dan Dare.

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


08 Nov 2014, 08:19
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2011, 14:51
Posts: 928
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Spaceships Away is quite a different beast though. Have to admit, although Fifties Eagle looks good, the stories are a little staid for my liking.

_________________
STARSCAPE
http://StarscapeOnline.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Starscape ... 7891434222
comics, cartoons, music & movies


08 Nov 2014, 10:24
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1434
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
starscape wrote:
Spaceships Away is quite a different beast though. Have to admit, although Fifties Eagle looks good, the stories are a little staid for my liking.

Exactly. A retro comic. :)

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


08 Nov 2014, 12:17
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.