STRIP Rant

Moderator: AndyB

Lew Stringer

Re: STRIP Rant

Post by Lew Stringer »

tony ingram wrote: Unfortunately, I still have no real interest in digital comics. I've tried to get into them but reading strips off a screen just isn't something I find easy or relaxing.
I tend to agree, Tony. It's like reading a page through a pane of glass, but presumably younger readers adjust better. I just wanted to mention that the issue is out there, albeit in cyberspace.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Terry

Post by Terry »

Strip's Facebook page is back, with this update:

A statement about the publication of STRIP Magazine Issue 2 will appear here and on the magazine's blog as soon as possible.
We're sorry we had to temporarily take down this page but discussion was going around in circles and with a very small team, taking time from the important task of trying to get the magazine to you, our readers.

Terry

Post by Terry »

Statement about number 2
We're sorry for the ongoing and frustrating delays to the release of STRIP: The Adventure Comics Magazine Issue 2.

We were hoping to have the title on sale in UK newsagents from Thursday 20th June 2013 but behind the scenes issues means the release date has been pushed back and at this point, although the magazine has been printed, we are unable to confirm a print publication date at this time.

The delayed publication is the result of a major change to the way STRIP is brought to readers. After innumerable distribution delays that have plagued the title since launch, because of printing in Bosnia, Print Media publisher Ivo Milicevic decided to print and distribute the title in the UK.

Subscription copies are also being handled from the UK.

Publisher Ivo Milicevic commented: "We would like to apologize to our readers, who have been kept waiting for Issue 2 for far longer than was expected by anyone involved. I am making every effort to resolve the situation and hope to bring you good news next week."

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Personally, I'm hoping for a massive lottery win, world peace and first contact with the Zvroonigan Star Empire next week. And at this point, I have about as much faith in any of that happening as I do of seeing Strip #2...

SID

Post by SID »

If it's a choice between having issue 2 or a giant win on the lottery, I would rather have the lottery.

I have failed as a comic fan. :(
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

SID wrote:If it's a choice between having issue 2 or a giant win on the lottery, I would rather have the lottery.
Surely, if you were to win the lottery, Sid, the parameters would change. You would then be in a position to buy the company, grease a few palms, and then bob's your uncle, you would get control of the magazine and its distribution network, for want of a better description, and everybody would get their copy on the scheduled release date, and joy would be unconfined.

SID

Post by SID »

Phoenix wrote:
SID wrote:If it's a choice between having issue 2 or a giant win on the lottery, I would rather have the lottery.
Surely, if you were to win the lottery, Sid, the parameters would change. You would then be in a position to buy the company, grease a few palms, and then bob's your uncle, you would get control of the magazine and its distribution network, for want of a better description, and everybody would get their copy on the scheduled release date, and joy would be unconfined.
My thoughts exactly, Phoenix.

My status as a comic fan survives intact. :cheers:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

SID

Post by SID »

Almost halfway through July and still no new release date.

Maybe it is the heatwave that's at fault? Certainly been blamed for the M25 melting and BR tracks buckling.

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

The Facebook page has disappeared again. Hope it's back soon...

Prodigal

Post by Prodigal »

There have been no updates (or indeed information at all effectively) in a couple of weeks concerning the non arrival of subscribers issue no.2.

Not good.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

My copy of #2 arrived in my village shop quite some time ago. WH Smiths in Ipswich had plenty last week, too.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Cambridge WH Smith don't have it, neither does Ely (though the latter was not listed as a supplier anyway). Cambridge Forbidden Planet doesn't either, though I'm sure an email they sent me said that they would have it (the chain as a whole, that is).

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

felneymike wrote:Cambridge WH Smith don't have it, neither does Ely (though the latter was not listed as a supplier anyway). Cambridge Forbidden Planet doesn't either, though I'm sure an email they sent me said that they would have it (the chain as a whole, that is).
Sounds like a problem confined to certain areas. Strip 2 has been available around my way for a few weeks now, in newsagents and Coventry's FP.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Kid Robson

Post by Kid Robson »

SID wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
My thoughts exactly, Phoenix.

My status as a comic fan survives intact. :cheers:

Nah! You'd lose all your lottery win on it!

starscape

Post by starscape »

Been here a number of weeks, so might be sold out or returned. However, the subs are a different matter. I am surprised it is so difficult. Not that I think it is easy but why impossible?
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies