Updates on Bustercomic.co.uk

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

bustercomic

Post by bustercomic »

Hi everyone,

If you've not been to the website lately there's been a few changes.

Our own forum has closed due to lack of use and a greater number of spam accounts signing up.

Today I've put up a whole new page by page from October 1985 listing the strips that featured and what they were about.

Hopefully, more coming over the weekend.

Matt
http://www.bustercomic.co.uk - The World's Most Comprehensive Buster Website

You Voted For The Top 100 Strips......The Results Are Now In at Bustercomic.co.uk

bustercomic

Post by bustercomic »

Second new page by page up from December 1985.

Also, does anyone know anything about Buster appearing in the Sunday Mail? One of the letters in this issue asks what other papers Buster appears in as well as his own comic and the Sunday mail?

Ta

matt

You Voted For The Top 100 Strips......The Results Are Now In at Bustercomic.co.uk

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia »

Yes, that happened in the early to mid 80s from what I've been told, during the Reg Parlett era. I have no examples unfortunately.

Good to see some updates on your site. I've kinda put bustercomic.com on hold, as the people at Egmont want to sort out something with the scans I've been putting up. I don't want to rock the boat, so I'll wait for their word before doing anything.

Lew Stringer

Re: Updates on Bustercomic.co.uk

Post by Lew Stringer »

Dizrythmia wrote:Yes, that happened in the early to mid 80s from what I've been told, during the Reg Parlett era. I have no examples unfortunately.
I'd forgotten about that. Yes, it definitely ran for a while. Reg drew it I think. Had a copy somewhere but don't know where it is now.

Lew

tolworthy

Re: Updates on Bustercomic.co.uk

Post by tolworthy »

Dizrythmia wrote:I've kinda put bustercomic.com on hold, as the people at Egmont want to sort out something with the scans I've been putting up. I don't want to rock the boat
They notice these web sites? Please tell us more. My badtime bedtime website has a ton of scans (including 4 or 5 complete mini-books). I just assumed that these things fly below their radar.

bustercomic

Post by bustercomic »

As far as I can tell Egmont are happy for the sites to continue, in fact they encourage them.

I think the scan thing is about trying to ensure that people can't download images from your site, or reporudcing it for sale.

Could be worth dropping them a line, I know they're keen to create a catalogue of all of the Fleetway tribute sites so they can work with them.

Drop me a PM if you're interested, and I'll pass on the email address.