Help! Looking for "Rat Trap" strip from EAGLE ('89-'90)

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

spencey7

Help! Looking for "Rat Trap" strip from EAGLE ('89-'90)

Post by spencey7 »

Hi all,

I know this is a bit of a long shot but figure there's no harm in asking - I'll keep this post brief!

My older brother and I were big fans of EAGLE from the 1970s onwards, but unfortunately we no longer have much of our archive. I'm trying to track down a specific issue of EAGLE containing a "RAT TRAP" strip where my friends and I sent in the reader-generated idea for the story...

According to other information online the strip ran from 21st October '89 to 21st April '90 - I was wondering if anyone has any of these issues? Or any advice as to how I could track down a specific issue?

My best friend who helped "co-write" the story with me is getting married this year, and as we often talk about our mention in EAGLE I thought it would be nice to try to track down the issue as part of his wedding present! If that can't work then some high quality scans would be great.

Rather than bombard you with details I'll leave this here for now! Thanks very much for reading, any help anyone could provide would be much appreciated!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Re: Help! Looking for "Rat Trap" strip from EAGLE ('89-'90)

Post by steelclaw »

Plenty of Eagles from 1989 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eagle-comic-29th- ... 5d2833aee0

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Could you give a little more detail to identify the issue in question - for example, what was the trap and what name would be quoted?

- Phil R.

spencey7

Post by spencey7 »

Hi Phil,

The trap would have been designed by Barry Nisbet, Michael Nisbet and Brian Spence from "soggy Shetland", and it was set in Edinburgh! I think I've managed to track down a copy though, I'm let to believe it's the 31st March 1990 issue, and there are a couple on eBay - I'll get back to you if I have no success in obtaining one!

All the very best,

Brian