JACK STAFF (ROBOT ARCHIE/ STEEL CLAW/ CAPTAIN HURRICANE)

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

In case you haven't heard, check out Paul Grist's (ex-Fleetway writer/ artist) Jack Staff starring Britain's favourite hero (who was supposed to be Marvel's Union Jack). It reprises a lot of Fleetway heroes but with new origins, identities etc.. Absolutely wonderful stuff. It was a small press comic on Paul's own Dancing Elephant Press but can be ordered in from any comic shop as Image (probably the third biggest comic company outside the Orient) have taken to publishing it.

Chris

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 30/07/2003

Old Forum Fella

Hi (again Supes) totally agree with your comments on Jack Staff (or anything Paul Grist does) I've been buying it (and the old "Kane" title) since he started publishing it look them out if you can track them down - hope Jack Staff is still going strong I haven't seen it in the shops for a while (love Pauls version of Janus Stark)

Originally posted by Paul on the old forum on 31/07/2003

Old Forum Fella

Prefer his early Spider (he would make a great Batman villain). Tom Tom the Robot Man/ Robot Archie is a great twist with the remote control device. Let's see if he can tackle Adam Eterno sometime?

Chris

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 31/07/2003

Old Forum Fella

Oh, now I would love to see Paul handle an Adam Eterno story. Of all the classic British weekly characters, Adam was my favourite, and as I'm also a big Jack Staff fan it's something I've hoped for since issue 1. Anyone tried Burglar Bill out yet. Another piece of Grist magic, although a lot of the (in) jokes are very much Sheffield (both Paul's & my home town) related.

Originally posted by Alan_Wright on the old forum on 16/08/2003

Old Forum Fella

Alan / Supes - Again I would have to agree, Paul Grist doing Adam Eterno (one of the best comic characters ever in my opinion)and "House of Dollman" well it was another fav of mine - I have picked up "Burglar Bill" and I think its good though not his best stuff (even have the old BB Fanzine he did somewhwere).

Originally posted by PAUL on the old forum on 20/08/2003

Old Forum Fella

And his other pet project Kane.

Can't think of any Fleetway other than 'Insiders' for Crisis - how under-rated is that comic!?

Chris

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 22/08/2003

Old Forum Fella

Burglar Bill is very enjoyable, but a lot of the (in)jokes require a knowledge of Sheffield (where both Grist and I come from), so may be lost on anyone unfamiliar with the city!

Originally posted by Alan_Wright on the old forum on 09/09/2003