Blunderbirds

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Blunderbirds

Post by Tammyfan »

This is on behalf of a friend of mine who is looking for a Thunderbirds parody called Blunderbirds that appeared in Buster. Does anyone know anything about where to find Blunderbirds?

philcom55

Re: Blunderbirds

Post by philcom55 »

It's possible that IPC reprinted some episodes in Buster but Blunderbirds originally appeared in Eagle with art by Brian Lewis. Here's an example I posted a while ago:

- Phil Rushton

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Philcom: Thanks. It's possible there is some confusion and it was Eagle, not Buster, that printed Blunder Birds. Or maybe Buster did reprint some Blunder Birds or ran a strip with the same title. When did Eagle print Blunder Birds anyway, please?

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Off hand I'm not sure of the exact dates but Blunderbirds appeared round about 1966, at the same time Thunderbirds was at its peak on TV and Frank Bellamy's colour strip was enjoying pride-of-place on the centre pages of Eagle's chief competitor TV21.

- Phil R.

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

This reminded me that there was another parody called "Blunderbirds" in the short-lived adult comic/Viz rip-off called "Gas".

It featured Lady Pineapplepy, Porker Snot & Gerbil Tracy, plus Brains is so-called because it's short for s*** for brains.

I laughed at the time (1989), but it's not sounding so funny today.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I was looking through some 60s Eagles the other night and noticed a Z-Cars parody by Reg Parlett called XYZ Cars. Some were in full colour.