Monster Fun

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

deegee72

Monster Fun

Post by deegee72 »

I was reading the previous Monster Fun post with interest as I too have a collection of these comics that I was thinking of selling. I have 1-4, 6-10 all with Badtime Bedtime Stories detached, then issue 11 (with Badtime Bedtime detached), then 13-20 (with Badtime Bedtime detached, but missing No18), then 21 - 41 (all except issue 21 and issue 23 have the Badtime Bedtime or posters attached).

But I have a question, and hopefully someone else has the comic and can check for me. I have been using http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Nove ... klist.html as reference, but issue 20 states that there was a Badtime Bedtime story in this issue, Humpty Dumpty, but mine hasn't got one, instead its got a Frankie Stein Super Freak poster in it and there are no pages missing from the comic. Can any verify if there was a Badtime Bedtime in this issue?

Dave :cheers:

stevezodiac

Re: Monster Fun

Post by stevezodiac »

I've mentioned it before that I'm pretty sure Mike Brown drew some of the Badtime books so don't go advertising them as Leo Baxendale's work. Mike Brown's work is almost indistinguishable from Leo's. See my Mike Brown post in artists and writers.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: Monster Fun

Post by AndyB »

He certainly did - most of the examples I've seen are by Mike!