Biker

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Biker

Post by colcool007 »

While on my mammoth read-through of 11 years of Victor, I have eventually come to the first appearance of Biker in 1988. Now I have looked at the style of art for years, and it has eventually smacked me in the face (today!) like a wet kipper that I have been looking at examples of John Cooper's work.

Now I know that John Cooper was not used by IPC/Fleetway/Egmont or whatever they are called today for a long time, but I am so chuffed to see examples of one of the greats, IMHO, being used by DCT. I know that John, or what appears to be John's work, has illustrated several characters in Victor such as Morgyn, Bo Rogan and I am sure that I will find a few more as I race towards the last issue.

Just a quiet dance of happiness to identify another artistic style.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Kashgar
Guru

Biker

Post by Kashgar »

You will indeed find a lot of John Cooper's work in the last years of Victor Col.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Biker

Post by felneymike »

There is a Biker story in the 1992 annual, but i wouldnt have imagined it was in the weekly, the title just seemed so obvious it looked like a 'throw in' specially for the annual. Oh well, guess it wasnt

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Biker

Post by colcool007 »

That's what I thought at first as it seemed to come out of nowhere and appeared in the Annuals as I didn't follow Victor in the late 80's. I finished getting Victor just after Jimmy Grant took over the front pages. But the annoying thing is that I recognised Coop's style but had a mental block in figuring out who the artist was!

BTW Kash, thanks for the confirmation. :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!