School and Sport issue 1 cover

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

School and Sport issue 1 cover

Post by stevezodiac »

I picked this up at the Postcard/Ephemera fair yesterday for £8. Never heard of it before but as it was a first issue I couldn't resist. Its a tabloid sized boy's paper with 12 pages. Yellowed but in nice condition.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: School and Sport issue 1 cover

Post by felneymike »

Where are these fairs exactly, you always find such interesting things at them!

stevezodiac

Re: School and Sport issue 1 cover

Post by stevezodiac »

Bloomsbury in London. They have a postcard and collectors fair on the 4th Sunday of every month and there is also the Ephemera fairs which are every two or three months at another venue but still in Bloomsbury. Just google London ephemera fairs 2008 and or London Postcard fairs 2008 and you should get all the info you want. They don't have many comics but loads of paper collectibles such as magazines and newspapers going back over a hundred years. I also picked up 20 issues of Shoot from 1969-72 for £2 apiece and 46 copies of Home Notes a small size womens paper from 1917-1920 for £30! It features a Bruin Boys type comic strip on one page. i don't mind other comics uk members going as it will curtail my spending. This Sunday coming there is the Comic Mart at the Royal National Hotel Bloomsbury, kick off at 12 noon. Just found a link for the postcard fair. I should say that this fair is split into two with the Postcard fair on one side of the Hotel courtyard and the ephemera fair opposite.

http://www.memoriespostcards.co.uk/bloomsbury.htm

www.ephemera-society.org.uk/events.html