How Rob the Rover survived WWII

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Re: How Rob the Rover survived WWII

Post by Digifiend »

Panini do those reprints because they do DWM itself. And Titan publishes The Simpsons, which clearly isn't Alan Moore or 70s IPC. So don't be so sure that they won't be interested!

Asger

Post by Asger »

Wonderful news about the worlds (and Britains) first adventure-strip:Rob the Rover is being reprinted in Portugal, yes in Portuguese; but the publisher has told my friend Björn in Sweden that if as much as 20 Scandinavians would order the books, he would consider publishing them in English too.
I gather that would go for Brits too.
The very translatable webpage: http://bandasdesenhadas.wordpress.com/2013/11/09/rover/
"Don't take life seriously. It ain't nohow permanent."
Pogo
www.willy-centret.dk

Asger

Post by Asger »

http://bandasdesenhadas.wordpress.com/2 ... -previews/
As you see here, José Pires, the Portuguese fan-publisher of Rob the Rover is preparing an edition in English.
Pogo
www.willy-centret.dk

Asger

Post by Asger »

I have now recieved the first three 'Rob the Rover'-books in Portuguese, they are rather fine for a fan-puclication: 68 B/W landscape-pgs with color cover, square-bound but with tape, so I guess they won't stand for much handling.
Sadly a few of the pages are rather grainy in texture on account of bad quality in his aquired photocopies. Could any of you get scans of Rob the Rover from Puck magazine # 1803, 1810, 1811, 1821, 1835, 1842 and 1843? Preferably B/W .tiff at least 300 dpi. Then it'll be possible to print much better copies for the English ed. which presumably will be out late march.
Pogo
www.willy-centret.dk