If you could bring back 1 UK Comic which 1 would it be?

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Re: If you could bring back 1 UK Comic which 1 would it be?

Post by Digifiend »

big bad bri wrote:what is striker coming back as a comic or in the sun again
Well still no updates: http://w11.zetaboards.com/StrikerWorld/topic/7891023/1/

And the Sun can probably be ruled out - Shadows, the story occupying Striker's slot, is about to start it's third major storyline - and each storyline lasts about a year.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

SID wrote:The Dandy but with a difference. :wave:

First: It would be a monthly.

Second: It would not just contain the classic Dandy names we know and love, it would showcase other DCT characters (such as Morgyn the Mighty, King Cobra, etc...). It could be a mixture of reprints/new stories though I would imagine the emphasis would be on the reprints.

Third: I would aim the comic (which is why I would suggest it could be a monthly) at the dads rather than the kids (although they could buy it if they want).

So in summary: A Dandy/Classics From the Comics combo monthly (though called the Dandy) but with the emphasis on story/adventure strips with a few Dandy classic comedy strips thrown in.

I would definitely buy it. :D
When I started this thread I was hoping we'd never have to mention The Dandy on here. :(
Digifiend wrote:
big bad bri wrote:what is striker coming back as a comic or in the sun again
Well still no updates: http://w11.zetaboards.com/StrikerWorld/topic/7891023/1/

And the Sun can probably be ruled out - Shadows, the story occupying Striker's slot, is about to start it's third major storyline - and each storyline lasts about a year.
I doubt Striker would ever return to The Sun as they took that step backwards once in the past and it didn't work out for them.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I think the last time The Sun cancelled it, the artist didn't know until he read about it on the website! I doubt he'd hurry back even if he was asked.

Terry

Post by Terry »

http://w11.zetaboards.com/StrikerWorld/ ... 023/2/#new

From Pete...

I still can't go into details but I can say that that we have three offers to run Striker as an animated serial - possibly a newspaper strip too. -Striker books are also in the mix. We are also talking about animating a comic stip owned by another party.

I would have liked to have been up and running by now but getting the financials nailed is taking a long time. Touch wood, we're almost there though, so as ever, will let you know when it's finalised.

All the best
Pete.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

That's great news Terry, lets hope Pete manages to get everything sorted soon. :D

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

starscape wrote: As for who I'd bring back, I probably preferred Starlord but actually it would be Tornado. I miss the non-sci-fi action, like Blackhawk, Storm, Wagner's Walk etc. We're well served with sci-fi and superhero action (although I wonder if a cheap B&W MWoM would work - needs to be very very cheap). But Vikings and Romans? Not too many in that boy's adventure style.
My mum's been doing some sorting out in preparation for my brother's return from Afghanistan this week. Found a copy of the 1981 Tornado Annual (must've been my brother's, I was never into that sort of thing). Got some dart holes in the cover and pages 3 and 4 are missing. A pity because otherwise it'd be in decent condition.

SID

Post by SID »

SID wrote:And if I am greedy, from DCT's arsenal, a mini-Victor or Hotspur in the same style/format as Commando featuring all of DCT's classic characters.
Of course, I just remembered (yes it took a long time) that there was a such a comic albeit larger - Red Dagger.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

SID wrote:
SID wrote:And if I am greedy, from DCT's arsenal, a mini-Victor or Hotspur in the same style/format as Commando featuring all of DCT's classic characters.
Of course, I just remembered (yes it took a long time) that there was a such a comic albeit larger - Red Dagger.
It did OK, but just couldn't get the sales to sustain it beyond 30 issues.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

SID

Post by SID »

But I wonder how such a comic would fare now? Especially with the older readers?
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

True, maybe it was ahead of it's time? Those Victor books seem to be quite popular after all.

SID

Post by SID »

True. I got a couple and planning to get the Alf Tupper version in the new year.

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

Countdown or TV21.
John Freeman
British Comics News Blog: http://www.downthetubes.net 

Sweeny Toddler

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

Champ or Whoopee!

JT Mirana

Post by JT Mirana »

SCREAM or MISTY.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

SMASH! (The Odhams version.)