Anyone know much about these.

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Earl

Post by Earl »

Saw this on ebay and was interested to know more about them...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Comic-Cuts-No-216 ... dZViewItem

I assume they are Canadian rather than American?

Can anyone confirm?

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

these are just two issues of the UK comics (one tucked inside the other) and sold overseas. The only difference is the masthead on the outside comic. All the contents are exactly the same as the UK issues so if you have a gap you could use one of these. The inside comic is usually taken out and sold seperately because it looks no different from its usual UK edition. Have quite a few of the outer issues and quite happy to have them in my collection.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I think some comics and storypapers sold overseas where "paid for" by having a 4-page 'jacket' around them with adverts specific to that country (as ones about the Royal Navy wouldnt have been much use to Americans), which would result in different looking covers. Some newspapers do that now with stupid product-placing fake headlines, the Metro from London did it a while back with that stupid Pink Panther re-make