Trying to find story title

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Casper

Trying to find story title

Post by Casper »

As a child I grew up on the likes of Bullet, Valiant, 2000AD etc. From that era I can vaguely remember a story that was set in the future that featured a war that was fought by children. When hit by the ray guns used in the war the children (probably more like teenagers) would just evaporate. However it was revealed at the end of the story that the kids didn't die but disappeared and reappeared in a 'prison'.

Was hoping someone could remember the name of the story and the comic it was in :)

I do apologise as I posted this exact same question a few years ago but I'm hoping to try again :)

chrisb

Re: Trying to find story title

Post by chrisb »

It sounds a bit like "The Nameless Ones" from Bullet which ran from issue 123 to 132 though if I recall correctly, if they were hit by the ray guns they were knocked out not evaporated.

Casper

Post by Casper »

Many thanks Chris. You may be right in that they weren't evaporated, as I said I can vaguely remember it. I have 30 or 40 issues of Bullet but unfortunately none of them are that high an issue number. Have to start digging around Ebay again :)

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Hiya Casper:

I have had a look through my files and here are the very first and last pages of The Nameless Ones that started in BULLET in 1978...the bulk of the story takes place in a sinister Totalitarian-like complex---I can check further if you like---dammit I am going back to read this story!!

Casper

Post by Casper »

Many thanks for that. Even from those I'm not sure lol. I did however find a couple of issues in the range on Ebay and have bought them, so should have them in the next few days :)
Nothing wrong with re-reading it :)

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

hope your quest works out OK, Casp!

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:Hiya Casper:

I have had a look through my files and here are the very first and last pages of The Nameless Ones that started in BULLET in 1978...
that art is by Carlos Freixas, who did a lot of girls comics. Ddin't know he did much in boys' comics - nice stuff!
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Thanks for that, Minx! At first glance, I thought this was the work of Jesus Redondo, a long time 2000 AD contributer.

I agree that the graphics are very good on this story.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:Thanks for that, Minx! At first glance, I thought this was the work of Jesus Redondo, a long time 2000 AD contributer.

I agree that the graphics are very good on this story.
I've posted about it on the Carlos Freixas page on the Jinty blog.
https://jintycomic.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... s-freixas/
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

really nice work---the 'evil mirror' shots are eerily effective, I thought.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

comixminx wrote:
ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:Hiya Casper:

I have had a look through my files and here are the very first and last pages of The Nameless Ones that started in BULLET in 1978...
that art is by Carlos Freixas, who did a lot of girls comics. Ddin't know he did much in boys' comics - nice stuff!
Is he the same guy that did the Survivor story earlier in the Bullet Run?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!