Comic competition - LifeSupport: Change through art

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Lifesupportcomp

Comic competition - LifeSupport: Change through art

Post by Lifesupportcomp »

What has the recession meant to you?

Create a photograph, film or comic that represents what the recession means to you and you could win £1000* and have your work judged by the MD of Saatchi Design Ashley Goodall, Turner Prize nominee Yinka Shonibare and Comic illustrator Jamie McKelvie.

Shortlisted and winning artwork will appear on the online guide to life for 16-25s, TheSite.org, and be displayed at an awards event in London. *The winner will receive any prize of their choice; as long as it’s related to their field of art; to the value of £1000 and three runners up win prizes of their choice to the value of £300. Be it a course or equipment, competition sponsor Egg and the Citi Foundation will purchase the prize on your behalf if you successfully impress our judges!

There is less than a month left of the competition, so if you want to enter make sure we receive your entry by no later than midnight on April 30th.

See all of our latest comic entries here http://www.thesite.org/lifesupport/?cat=5 or for details of how to enter see our join in page:http://www.thesite.org/lifesupport/?page_id=18

Moderators please delete if you feel this content is not appropriate.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Comic competition - LifeSupport: Change through art

Post by colcool007 »

It's UK comics, it's an event. That ticks the boxes for me. I have deleted the secondary post in general discussion as it is a waste of time double posting. And most of the regulars will see it by hitting the View new posts button at the top right of their page
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: Comic competition - LifeSupport: Change through art

Post by felneymike »

The winner will receive any prize of their choice; as long as it’s related to their field of art; to the value of £1000
Woohoo! Think how much Eagle you could buy with that!