London SP Expo 2011

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

felneymike
Fence Sitter

London SP Expo 2011

Post by felneymike »

The UK Web & Mini-Comix Thing is dead, but luckily the organisers of the sucessful Bristol SP Expo (set up in response to the downsizing of the normal Bristol convention and resulting loss of small press tables) have stepped in and created a London version!

It will be on Saturday 12th March at the Great Hall of Goldsmith's University, near New Cross station. Though that may not be open that day XD.

stevezodiac

Re: London SP Expo 2011

Post by stevezodiac »

Could you clarify what a SP Expo is exactly? And why do you think New Cross station will be closed that day? New Cross is one tube stop from me. There is also New Cross Gate which is a five minute walk away. Many happy years in the 60s visiting the popular book centre in New Cross Road and then Weird Fantasy in the 70s opposite Goldsmith's College.

With apologies for my unenlightenedness.
Last edited by stevezodiac on 09 Mar 2011, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Small Press expo, as in comics people have created themselves. I suppose the link would have helped! http://www.spexpo.co.uk/

I presume the nearest stations will be closed because "knowin' mah luck" there's always some major travel problem when I go to these things. Last year it was a gigantic fire just outside Cambridge Station that could apparently been seen over most of the city.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

If you go to the tfl (Transport for London) website they give details of the coming weekend's engineering works and line suspensions/station closures. New Cross is on the London Overground and isn't usually affected but you'd be coming from north London so other lines would figure in your peregrinations.