Glasgow comic mart

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Glasgow comic mart

Post by paw broon »

Next mart up here is on Sat. 24 September. Open noon - 4p.m.
At QM Union, University Gardens, Glasgow

paw broon

Re: Glasgow comic mart

Post by paw broon »

Bigd-ek, you do know there is a Collectormania on at Braehead, 27th and 28th August?
Haven't a clue who the guests will be but there will be dealer tables.

bigd-ek

Post by bigd-ek »

Went to Glasgow Comic Mart on Saturday - thoroughly enjoyed my first mart for about 4 years.
Spent well over £100 and have loads of reading to look forward too.
Unfortunately this mart had the same problem that I usually encountered in the past - a severe lack of any british comics with the exception of large collections of 2000AD, which I already own in abundance (Can anyone confirm was that Alan Grant selling comics at the far end of the room?) .
I therefore spent the vast majority of my cash on modern american marvel product by Millar, Bendis & Ellis.
My british buys were just 3 books for only £2 each - Victor 1973, Beezer 1974 (both owned by my younger self as Xmas presents) & Dandy And Beano - Fifty Years of Annuals (which of course also includes excerpts from books I used to own in the early 70s).
Thanks again Paw Broon for highlighting this mart and I would be very grateful for any advance notice for when the next Glasgow Mart is scheduled?

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Darn it I didn't realise this was on - A long shot but were there any old 60s Archie's going cheapish?

bigd-ek

Post by bigd-ek »

Sorry Starboy, I don't know if anyone was selling 60's Archies, perhaps Paw Broon can confirm when the next mart is due and you might be lucky with your search?

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

http://comicscorner.ning.com/events/dundee-comics-
This is a note about Dundee Comic Day. Seems like a good lineup.
As for future Glasgow marts, I'll put up the dates when I get them but I usually find out only when a contact lets me know. City Centre Comics usually have flyers for marts on the counter and Chris should know the date, so just ask.
Starboy, there were a few Archie comics on one of the regular's tables.
I was told that C.C.C. had some old western digests in the shop. You might want to take a look.