Comic mart, Glasgow.

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Comic mart, Glasgow.

Post by paw broon »

Next Glasgow comic mart will be
SATURDAY 8TH DECEMBER
at The Britannia Panopticon,
113-117 Trongate Glasgow G1 5HD ( next to TJ Hughes)
Comic Mart 2012

Comics, Graphic Novels, collectibles and all you expect + a few extra special features. Open 11am - 4pm
That's the bumph from the site, the stuff below is my own findings.

The previous mart was well attended and dealers I chatted to reported good sales. I spoke to quite a few punters and they all said they had a good time and, more importantly, had bought lots of comics.

paw broon

Re: Comic mart, Glasgow.

Post by paw broon »

There is a comic mart in Glasgow on March 2nd.
at The Britannia Panopticon,
113-117 Trongate Glasgow G1 5HD ( next to TJ Hughes)
There should be an A board and some volunteers to direct folk up the lane to the entrance.
Admission free.
Although these are small events there was a good selection of old and new material at the last mart and a healthy turnout of punters so, fingers crossed for another good one.

bigd-ek

Post by bigd-ek »

Thanks again for the heads up Paw Broon - it's short notice, since I only read your message this morning (Friday 1st Match), but I'll defo try and attend.

Cheers,

BigD-EK

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

There is a comic mart on Sat. 1st June, 2013, at the Britannia Panopticon, Argyle St., Glasgow. Free admission and doors open from around 11 a.m.
I'll be there as I have a table and I think there might be some old British stuff - not a lot of British comics but Sexton Blake and Boys' Own. There is usually a lot of small press available. I have found some issues of Thriller on previous occasions.

starscape

Post by starscape »

Wonder if Arthur still goes to those?
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Arthur hasn't been very well recently so I'm not sure if he'll be there. Last time, there were a number of the older dealers and punters around and I'm sure you would recognise many of them. Lots of the blokes who have been involved in Scottish fandom for yonks still turn up, although lifting the boxes is becoming harder with every mart.