Edinburgh Comic and Toy Mart

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Kid Robson

Re: Edinburgh Comic and Toy Mart

Post by Kid Robson »

colcool007 wrote:
Kid Robson wrote:Funnily enough, of all the swap meets, comic and toy marts, memorabilia fairs and similar events that I attended over the years, I could never find the one thing I was looking for. However, one mention on my blog and I got a response from someone in Australia who had the actual item. It's now mine - after over 45 years of trying to reacquire it.
That's excellent news. Glad at least one of your comic quests has had a happy ending.

And do we have a time for the 2nd November?
Actually, it was a toy, 007 - but one with cartoon and comic associations. (A Marx Yogi Bear on a friction-drive scooter, to be exact.)

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Bear with - eventually I'll get all the info. up. :roll:
It might just be a drip at a time. We old folk have to take it easy, you know. :wink:

Bigwords

Post by Bigwords »

Kid Robson wrote:Actually, it was a toy, 007 - but one with cartoon and comic associations. (A Marx Yogi Bear on a friction-drive scooter, to be exact.)
If we are expanding the remit to include toys, there is one (technically two) items I am STILL looking for - no idea what they are called, but I distinctly remember having tiny (less than half a centimeter tall) figures made of solid yellow plastic. Haven't seen them on any sites, nor at any toy fair or mart. There was a male and female character, and I'm almost certain they would have been sold in the early eighties.

As for actual comics, I kept all of the titles I liked. :D Yes, they are missing the odd issue here and there, but I quickly discovered WDL and L. Miller titles, so my interest in contemporary comics dropped off. Now, some of those comics I overlooked are very difficult to find, and I guess that I only have myself to blame.