New Comic Shop

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

New Comic Shop

Post by paw broon »

There is a new comic shop now open on level 3 in the Howgate Mall, Falkirk. I found it today and bought 3 comics. Bunty picture story library #113, a Top Sellers Gunsmoke reprint and a Gold Key Lone Ranger. The shop doesn't do new stuff. There was a pile of Commando comics and I spotted a box with British Marvel reprints plus a WDL Boots and Saddles reprint on the wall. All alongside lots of older American titles. As a few of us are relatively local, I'm sure you'll want to check it out.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: New Comic Shop

Post by colcool007 »

Oooh! What's parking like in Falkirk? As I may need to visit there soon... :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

starscape

Post by starscape »

I go to Falkirk every week as it's the next big town, so I'll give that a go certainly. Probably the reason I didn't see it before is...I didn't know there was a third floor! :oops:
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

It's below the M & S level where the management have opened up a couple of the bigger premises and split them into small units. For those who visit comic shops in Central Scotland, the owner also has a place in the Forge at Parkhead (the wee Forge). There is a car park connected to the Mall but free parking is available in the Central Retail Park - a 5 - 10 min. walk.

starscape

Post by starscape »

I went there but was a little disappointed. Very few Brit comics, except Commandos that were well hidden. The US comics weren't cheap either. Sure, the guides may say Sub-Mariner or Alpha Flight is worth x amount but that assumes there are enough dedicated collectors around and that casual buyers aren't your market.
STARSCAPE Comic

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

What were the prices for the Commando comics?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

starscape

Post by starscape »

I didn't look as they were at the bottom of shelves, so I'd have to get down on my knees to see. I've already got a bunch of Commandos to read, so wasn't too bothered.

I didn't see any Marvel UK box Paw had referred to. Don't know if it was gone or I just couldn't catch it.
STARSCAPE Comic

BGCP

Post by BGCP »

Same fella also has a shop in the Forge Market, I believe he also has a e-bay store and has some great stuff.