Genaral Discussion?

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Magnet

Genaral Discussion?

Post by Magnet »

We should have a disscution board where you can talk about anything.

Captain Storm

Genaral Discussion?

Post by Captain Storm »

With ALL respect,Magnet,you are really talking about a chat room.This is a comics site populated by (judging by the comics)30 to 60 year olds.Ok,maybe younger :wink: but if I want to talk about anything,it's usually the wife I'll talk to :roll:

Magnet

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Magnet »

I mean so we can talk to each other about anything. I might want to ask something not about comics to someone. Not everyone has a wife you know. And by the way they are quite a few under 30's on this forum.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: General Discussion?

Post by colcool007 »

Captain Storm wrote:This is a comics site populated by (judging by the comics)30 to 60 year olds.Ok,maybe younger :wink: but if I want to talk about anything,it's usually the wife I'll talk to :roll:
I'm lucky in having Karen as a fellow collector so I can talk comics as much as I want...usually! :)

I think Magnet wants a general 'chewing the fat' option so that we could discuss things like the Expo at Bristol in May or even Dreddcon at Oxford in early October or even things that are not so obviously comic-related and then it could be up to us older 'chums' to try and keep things on the straight and narrow. :twisted:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

AndyB
Throgmorton

Genaral Disscution?

Post by AndyB »

I think a "discuss anything within reason, whether related to comics or not" forum would probably be a good thing.

I also think that the General comics forum that we have has been used as an alternative to the comic-specific ones - like discussing Steve Bright's Beryl there instead of under the Dandy. Maybe we could solve this by mutating the General one to be totally general, and getting Al to go into the Moderating panel to move the topics where they should be - and maybe making an Artists forum to discuss the magnificent Dudley D Watkins et al!

Captain Storm

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Captain Storm »

I understand the general idea of what you mean,but expecting Al to then sift through the gen and decide where to move it would probably take him more time than He has!I think we should be a little less demanding on Al's time.Running a website is time-consuming enough without the additional worry of having to categorise every little bit of chit chat and deciding what's relevant to the various sections of the forum.Would you agree..? :twisted:
p.s. An artists forum where we could actually chat with the elusive fellows is an excellent idea! :wink:

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Genaral Disscution?

Post by colcool007 »

An artist's forum is rather a good idea. As many of us can recognise a style but may not know exactly who the artist is/or may know the artist and are seeking more examples of their work
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Magnet

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Magnet »

Yeah, that's a good idea.

Conor B

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Conor B »

I've got artist forums on my website...bananafan.proboards67.com...and there's a Steve Bright one...with a Beryl the Peril subforum :)

No Fleetway characters included...If you do want to talk about Fleetway, talk in "Other"
Comic Genius Runner Up 2006

Magnet

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Magnet »

Hey Conor, is the UK Comics forum still up cause no one seems to be replying on it.

Conor B

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Conor B »

Well, nobody's on it...do you wanna go over there now?

Magnet

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Magnet »

Well, I have posted part3 of The Idiots Go Large, tell me what you think.

Conor B

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Conor B »

Fantastic! I'll go and post that over there now! :lol:

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: Genaral Disscution?

Post by AndyB »

Captain Storm wrote:I think we should be a little less demanding on Al's time.Running a website is time-consuming enough without the additional worry of having to categorise every little bit of chit chat and deciding what's relevant to the various sections of the forum.Would you agree..?
Yes, Al, you need some Moderators to take the load off you and let you supervise and run the rest of the site ;)

Al
Sir!

Genaral Disscution?

Post by Al »

I like the idea of an artists forum and have now done that and called it the Artists and Writers forum. If it needs developing further then I will.

As for sifting through and farming out posts from the General Discussion forum into more relevant forums, I'll keep that in mind, but as the Cap has said, I'm pretty busy at the moment.

I certainly haven't ruled out the need for moderators and if the forums continues as successful as they have been I will be calling for volunteers :)