Wrong times

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Jonny Whizz

Wrong times

Post by Jonny Whizz »

The hour's gone forward and we're now into British Summer Time, but on this forum, the times are now wrong - they're as they would be in Greenwich Mean Time. For example, I remember that I joined the forum on the 3rd May of last year at 2.17 PM, but the forum shows this as 1.17 PM.

Could these please be corrected? Or is it something wrong with me?
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Wrong times

Post by colcool007 »

Jonny Whizz, you might find that the times have been permanently set as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) so that all you need to do for BST is add an hour. A preference setting as it is easy enough to add that hour, when perusing the forums, to get the right time.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Thank you. I've just adjusted the time in my User Control Panel now, so it's correct for BST - which was easy to change. I was a bit confused because I thought that the forum's default time would switch from GMT to BST but now I get it.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Crumbs, forgot to check that, thanks for the reminder! :D