Younger readers comics, or nursery comics?

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

matrix

Younger readers comics, or nursery comics?

Post by matrix »

Hi Al and the mods! Just a thought, I was wondering is there any chance that some of the topics discussed recently and any others that fit this criteria, namely Jack and Jill,Harold Hare help, Playhour chat, Treasure Wee Willie Winkie, Toby comic, and Seven, could have their own section under comic titles? Thankyou!

Digifiend

Re: Younger readers comics, or nursery comics?

Post by Digifiend »

A valid point. Same goes for story papers.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I can't agree with either of these suggestions. We already have enough categories. All the DCT story papers can obviously be accommodated under Retired DCT titles, all the rest will fit nicely under Retired (the other lot) titles. If there are any still alive, I can't imagine Administration objecting if posters put their comments under General Comics Discussion. If we allow this further fragmentation, what categories will we be requiring next? Photo Covers, Picture Strip Covers, 28 Pages Only, Large Format, Pre-Nursery Titles etc? Come off it, you'll be giving Al a heart attack.

matrix

Post by matrix »

To be honest Phoenix I find your reply rather childish.

When I thought of the suggestion I was not only thinking of myself, but others too that might find it difficult to read about younger reader comics on this site, as at the moment they are posted everywhere. I realise that some members and non members are probably not interested in those titles and feel they may not be worthy of their own section, but for those that do I was only making a suggestion to make it easier for them.

The examples you use to compare are a bit over the top, on reflection would you not agree?

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Personally I wouldn't object to a separate section for nursery comics.

(Incidentally, wasn't there a thread about the Wombles in Jack & Jill this morning? :? If nothing else I guess it'd help to find things like this if they had their own space)

- Phil R.

matrix

Post by matrix »

philcom55 wrote:(Incidentally, wasn't there a thread about the Wombles in Jack & Jill this morning? :? If nothing else I guess it'd help to find things like this if they had their own space)

- Phil R.
Sorry Phil, my fault now sorted!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

matrix wrote:To be honest Phoenix I find your reply rather childish.../...The examples you use to compare are a bit over the top, on reflection would you not agree?
As I have said a number of times, I am reluctant to use explanatory smilies because I like to think that members are perceptive enough to see the difference between serious comments on the one hand, and the lighthearted, the whimsical and the ironic on the other. Regrettably, your perception, matrix, has not been sharp enough on this occasion to spot that both are in evidence in my post.

matrix

Post by matrix »

Fair comment Phoenix, that's the problem with electronic communication of this type, very expressionless!
I'm usually pretty good at picking it up, I guess the "giving Al a heart attack" was the key. Just for future reference, as sometimes I am posting on and reading this forum with match sticks stopping my eye lids from closing, could you put at least one exclamation mark in, or would that ruin it?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Pay nice. :lol:

On a serious note, I consider the need for a new area when we get 20 or so threads on that new subject. While I have seen a few threads on the nursery comics, I am not sure that we have had enough to justify it.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

matrix wrote:Just for future reference, as sometimes I am posting on and reading this forum with match sticks stopping my eye lids from closing, could you put at least one exclamation mark in, or would that ruin it?
Oh I imagine I could stretch to a very occasional exclamation mark, matrix.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote:Pay nice. :lol:
I really do hope that this is not the criticism of me from an Administrator that it seems to be, Colin, misspelt though it is. The smilie merely makes it look like an iron fist in a velvet glove.

Raven

Post by Raven »

colcool007 wrote: On a serious note, I consider the need for a new area when we get 20 or so threads on that new subject. While I have seen a few threads on the nursery comics, I am not sure that we have had enough to justify it.

It does seem like nursery comics are the new rock 'n' roll around here. A section would be quite useful for people who might want to discover fairly obscure ones we've been discussing, that they wouldn't know to look in the Search function for: Toby, Seven, Once Upon a Time, etc, and which would eventually get lost under General; an umbrella Nursery Titles section rather than each comic having its own section, that is.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Raven wrote:an umbrella Nursery Titles section rather than each comic having its own section, that is.
Oh, go for it, Al. It can't do any harm, and could be quite useful, as Raven says. I'm not sure it's big enough yet to be the new rock 'n roll though.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Would Robin be considered a nursery comic? I mean the Eagle and Swift stablemate.

matrix

Post by matrix »

stevezodiac wrote:Would Robin be considered a nursery comic? I mean the Eagle and Swift stablemate.
Yes it would.

Well thank you Phoenix, for your loyal support.

That was my original intention, maybe you misread my thoughts?