Pocket libraries

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Pocket libraries

Post by paw broon »

As there has been a lot of discussion about this big part of the once great British comics industry, I wonder if we need a new permanent header in Comic Titles and Groups. Coilin has done power of work researching some of the more obscure titles, and given the growing interest shown by some other members and the variety and quality of art and subject matter in the piles of titles in this format, I for one would like to see a dedicated section. Is it worth a punt?

philcom55

Re: Pocket libraries

Post by philcom55 »

I'm all for increased coverage of the Picture Library format, but I'm not sure if a separate section would be a good idea as it might attract posts that would be more appropriate to existing subforums in 'Comic Titles & Groups'. No problem with individual threads like this or Adam's 'Sea War' one however.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Under "Comic titles and Groups" I agree entirely. The more research I do in this area, the more titles I find.

It would be good to have a comprehensive list of all the different libraries all under one heading.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

A fascinating range of obscure picture library titles currently on offer from this Ebay seller!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Other/3964/m. ... ratgrommet

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

philcom55 wrote:A fascinating range of obscure picture library titles currently on offer from this Ebay seller!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Other/3964/m. ... ratgrommet
I agree. She's selling them on behalf of her husband and it's costing me a fortune as I've won 10 lots from her so far! They're getting more expensive now as more people find what she's selling but it's an amazing collection he managed to build. She was even selling Aussie titles. This is the seller that had the Mimkins book I mentioned and the Redbacks.