Who Draws...

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

David

Who Draws...

Post by David »

Who does Minnie The Minx and Roger The Dodger?
Also, the past few weeks Beanos, who did Dennis The Menace - was it David Sutherland, Nigel Parkinson or both?
Plus, who drew the artwork for the covers of this years Beano annual?

Conor B

Who Draws...

Post by Conor B »

Minnie the Minx=Steve Horrocks
Roger=Barrie Appleby
Dennis=Jim Hansen
Annual covers=David parkins

Any other questions just ask :lol:

PS-PenguinGuys Diary has now moved to http://www.penguinguysdiary.blogspot.com
Comic Genius Runner Up 2006

David

Re: Who Draws...

Post by David »

Conor B wrote:Minnie the Minx=Steve Horrocks
Roger=Barrie Appleby
Dennis=Jim Hansen
Annual covers=David parkins

Any other questions just ask :lol:

PS-PenguinGuys Diary has now moved to http://www.penguinguysdiary.blogspot.com
Thanks. I didn't even know Nigel had stopped doing Dennis now. :oops:

Peter Gray

Who Draws...

Post by Peter Gray »

He does draw Dennis now..........it is shared. Nigel drew this weeks Beano......with the missing Gnasher story.......not more pups hey!!!!!!!!!! thats what happened last time he went off. :D

David

Post by David »

Peter Gray wrote:He does draw Dennis now..........it is shared. Nigel drew this weeks Beano......with the missing Gnasher story.......not more pups hey!!!!!!!!!! thats what happened last time he went off. :D
Not bought The Beano yet - I'll have to buy it - I love it when Gnasher goes missing (so long as he comes back in the end!).
What's happened to Gnatasha, Gnasher's girlfirend and father of their pups? Also, why do we only see Gnipper and not the other pups?

AndyB
Throgmorton

Who Draws...

Post by AndyB »

Gnatasha was one of the pups, together with Gnanette, Gnaomi, Gnorah, and Gnancy. The mum was never named.

At the end of the Gnasher goes missing series, the girl pups were all given away. Only Gnipper stayed on.

Peter Gray

Who Draws...

Post by Peter Gray »

It was such a good story......it had me gripped......

Every week I couldn't wait to find out if Gnasher was found.

Mike Read Radio 1 dj even talked about the story......and featured in The Beano......

We all had to howl outside to see if Gnasher will call back.

As a kid I couldn't work out why Gnasher would 'get it on' with a softy dog.......not a tough dog..............it looked like foo foo's sister maybe :D

Conor B

Who Draws...

Post by Conor B »

They used to be on the web cartoons section of the Beanotown website,didn't they?
Comic Genius Runner Up 2006

David

Post by David »

AndyB wrote:Gnatasha was one of the pups, together with Gnanette, Gnaomi, Gnorah, and Gnancy. The mum was never named.

At the end of the Gnasher goes missing series, the girl pups were all given away. Only Gnipper stayed on.
Oops, my mistake. :oops: I forgot all about the ending. :oops:

AndyB
Throgmorton

Who Draws...

Post by AndyB »

They've been back a couple of times, but we never saw the mum again, and I recall Gnasher saying a few years ago he had no plans to have more.

David

Post by David »

AndyB wrote:They've been back a couple of times, but we never saw the mum again, and I recall Gnasher saying a few years ago he had no plans to have more.
Plenty of people have said that about children, then they have "the operation" reversed! Has Gnasher been spayed?

AndyB
Throgmorton

Who Draws...

Post by AndyB »

Nah, just seems to be too busy looking after Dennis and Gnipper. And persuading Dennis's Dad to have him back.