Nick Park on radio five live

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Nick Park on radio five live

Post by stevezodiac »

This morning there was a short interview with Nick Park about his guest editorship of the 70th anniversary Beano issue. it was conducted by Richard Bacon at about 8.40 and only lasted three or four minutes. Don't know if you can get it on bbc iplayer but you didn't miss much. Nick Park came across as a bit dopey.

Little Squelchy Thing

Re: Nick Park on radio five live

Post by Little Squelchy Thing »

The interview can be found here.

If anyone sounds dopey, it's the interviewer. He can't even recall which comic the Bash Street Kids appear in...

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I actually heard him interviewed by Richard Bacon on Five Live. Just listened to the Radio Four version and I still think Nick Park sounds like a sap.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

How did the issue turn out by the way? Was it noticeably Nick Parkesque?

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Little Squelchy Thing wrote:If anyone sounds dopey, it's the interviewer. He can't even recall which comic the Bash Street Kids appear in...
If that's the same Richard Bacon who used to present Blue Peter he's probably under the influence of something a bit stronger than dope!

...Allegedly! :roll:

- Phil R.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Matthew wrote:How did the issue turn out by the way? Was it noticeably Nick Parkesque?
That was me thinking it had already been out! :oops: Ah well, I can buy it myself and see. :lol:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I have a lot of time for Richard Bacon, someone sent him a text on Monday which he read out saying he was rubbish and belonged on CBBC, he said "I've tried that, it didn't work out". I am impressed by his knowledge of any subject he has to tackle on air. The Radio Five breakfast show is great listening, lots of humour and audience participation via texts.