Beano annual in the top 20.

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Beano annual in the top 20.

Post by stevezodiac »

Every week the Saturday Times publishes the top 30 best selling books. A couple of weeks ago the Beano book came in at 28, went up to 24 last week and is now at 16.
Attachments
ebay sept 09 147.jpg

Digifiend

Re: Beano annual in the top 20.

Post by Digifiend »

Possibly has something to do with the fact Tesco and WHSmith are both selling it (and all annuals) at half price?

NP

Post by NP »

Tesco and Waterstones sell a lot of books at half price - that by itself doesn't get a book into the 'top 20'. The Beano book usually sells very well and is often well inside the top 20 every November/December.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

The Beano Book has gone into the top 25 again - from Saturday's Times:

And I have no idea what a Moshi Monster is.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Looks like the Fifty Shades fad has faded. I wonder what position the Dandy Annual is in?

Moshi Monsters, by the way, is an online game which spawned a collectibles frenzy. Not quite on the same level as Pokemon when that first came out, but it is very popular.
http://www.moshimonsters.com

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Funny that you were the first person to respond three years ago as well. The Times used to publish the top 50 and I can't remember seeing the Dandy annual. Perhaps we can google the top 100 books.