Beano/Dandy article by George Moonie

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Beano/Dandy article by George Moonie

Post by stevezodiac »

I found this in a scrapbook which is full of adverts for various comics cut from the Weekly News. I can't remember which magazine it came from. It ties in with the BBC Arena Documentary on the two comics. I have had to lose a bit of the pages due to size but all the text is there. But who wrote the captions? No Scotsman would refer to his native tongue as Scotch would he?

Digifiend

Re: Beano/Dandy article by George Moonie

Post by Digifiend »

Denis Gifford wrote the captions, it says so at the bottom. He made another mistake besides calling the Scottish Scotch - Snooty minus his pals in 1988? No. They were there until his strip ended. I like the Comical Warfare header designed like the first Beano logo. Thanks for posting this.

steven

Re: Beano/Dandy article by George Moonie

Post by steven »

stevezodiac wrote:I found this in a scrapbook which is full of adverts for various comics cut from the Weekly News. I can't remember which magazine it came from. It ties in with the BBC Arena Documentary on the two comics. I have had to lose a bit of the pages due to size but all the text is there. But who wrote the captions? No Scotsman would refer to his native tongue as Scotch would he?

That article is from the Radio Times magazine 9-15 January 1988.