Help please! Specific Beano required.

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Raven

Re: Help please! Specific Beano required.

Post by Raven »

Further to my first post on this thread, having nipped in recently, Empire Exchange, Manchester, does have a few boxes of assorted Beanos from 1983-88-ish.

Heebee_GB

Post by Heebee_GB »

Cheers Raven. I'll swing by next time i'm there.

Heebee_GB

Post by Heebee_GB »

dishes wrote:
Peter Gray wrote:I've checked through nearly all the 1988 Beanos no joy..
I don't have 2377
It's not in any of those

Peter Gray wrote:Just checked 1989
don't have
None of them either.

It wasn't in 1987 either, unless it was one of these missing issues:
Thanks for your help Dishes. Much appreciated.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

While looking for something else I came across my collection of Beanos for 1986 and am happy to say that I've finally managed to track down what, I hope, must be the right version of the elephant joke.
The joke, sent in by Gary Badwell of Birkenhead, Merseyside appeared in Beano No2302 dated 30th August 1986. It is still not quite how HBGB remembers it though as the picture, carried by Smiffy and his mate Norman, doesn't feature two elephants but one, which makes more sense of the punchline as Smiffy, who is carrying the elephant end of the picture, says 'Come on Norman, it's your turn to have the heavy end!'
Just hope HeeBee GB is still around to see this!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Norman isn't Smiffy's mate - he's his brother! From the Simply Smiffy strip.

Heebee_GB

Post by Heebee_GB »

Kashgar wrote:While looking for something else I came across my collection of Beanos for 1986 and am happy to say that I've finally managed to track down what, I hope, must be the right version of the elephant joke.
The joke, sent in by Gary Badwell of Birkenhead, Merseyside appeared in Beano No2302 dated 30th August 1986. It is still not quite how HBGB remembers it though as the picture, carried by Smiffy and his mate Norman, doesn't feature two elephants but one, which makes more sense of the punchline as Smiffy, who is carrying the elephant end of the picture, says 'Come on Norman, it's your turn to have the heavy end!'

Hahaha Brilliant Thank you Kashgar.
I was starting to think my miss spent 20's were playing tricks on my mind! :wink:

If anyone has a spare copy to sell please le me know.

Thanks again to everyone for your help. :D :D :D

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Well done Kashgar..
glad its the right one..

Heebee_GB

Post by Heebee_GB »

Heebee_GB wrote:
Kashgar wrote:While looking for something else I came across my collection of Beanos for 1986 and am happy to say that I've finally managed to track down what, I hope, must be the right version of the elephant joke.

I was starting to think my miss spent 20's were playing tricks on my mind! :wink:

Anyone got a copy they would like to sell? :D

Heebee_GB

Post by Heebee_GB »

Heebee_GB wrote:
Heebee_GB wrote:

Anyone got a copy they would like to sell? :D

Still looking for this issue if anyone wants to part with it? Top price paid! :)

matrix

Post by matrix »

Hi Heebee quick search on net found shop called Founditatlast.com according to their site they have a copy of 2302 for six pounds, condition?

Tel 01573224042. email order@founditatlast.com

I do not know anything about them but might be worth a try hope this helps.

matrix.

Raven

Post by Raven »

You're not looking that hard, Heebee! There are three copies on Ebay right now - cheapest £4.00 (or best offer) with free postage.

Heebee_GB

Post by Heebee_GB »

Thanks gents! :)